OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Ran latest Update, no closed caption

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
bobsk8
Post subject: Ran latest Update, no closed caption
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:17 pm

I just installed the latest update, and now my Closed caption text no longer works. It is turned on in PF3 and FSUIPC...

JUst noticed another problem. PF3 Display no longer shows any frequencies, Dept-Dest or Ctrl... All say zero.

Any ideas.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Post subject: Re: Ran latest Update, no closed caption
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Here is debug file....

Attachments
debug_monitor.rar
(218.19 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:05 pm
Site Admin

I notice you have selected the option for the PF3 Captions window to stay on all the time but you haven't actually selected the 'Use PF3 Captions' options. This is on the new P3D / MSFS Options page.

With regard to your PF3 Display issue, is the Display utility actually connecting with PF3

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Dave,

Another thing I noticed possibly associated with the CC issue. I flew a leg today, from an uncontrolled airport, and after the initial contact with FSS, I could no longer hear the VCP voice in any modes. I also noticed that the red and green lights were no longer flashing while connected to PF3. ATC functions and VCP modes all operated normally, just loss of the VCP voice. Logs attached. I also have the same issue with the PF3 Display not showing any frequencies. The IP address was inputted yesterday and when I checked the display today during the flight, I received no further messages, but no frequencies indicated.

FSX Boxed, MCE, Sim Randomizer in use.

Tony J

Attachments
Logs.rar
(425.79 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:38 pm

I don't think the display is connecting. Both red lights are lit on the display. I put the Pc name in when asked. I will check the P3D options page when I get home.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 pm
Site Admin

Fighter Guy wrote: *  Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:16 pm
Dave,

Another thing I noticed possibly associated with the CC issue. I flew a leg today, from an uncontrolled airport, and after the initial contact with FSS, I could no longer hear the VCP voice in any modes. I also noticed that the red and green lights were no longer flashing while connected to PF3. ATC functions and VCP modes all operated normally, just loss of the VCP voice. Logs attached. I also have the same issue with the PF3 Display not showing any frequencies. The IP address was inputted yesterday and when I checked the display today during the flight, I received no further messages, but no frequencies indicated.

FSX Boxed, MCE, Sim Randomizer in use.

Tony J
Your most recent log shows communications with all facilities ao then I look in the old log and that shows you either exited PF3 or FS died... i.e. the connection simply dropped!

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:36 pm
Site Admin

bobsk8 wrote: *  Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:38 pm
I don't think the display is connecting. Both red lights are lit on the display. I put the Pc name in when asked. I will check the P3D options page when I get home.
If it's not connecting... and it doesn't attempt to till you connect to FS... you won't see and frequencies.

PF3 Display doesn't use FSUIPC with 3.10, instead we use TCP/IP, so the problem will undoubtedly be a blocked port. By default PF3 Display uses port 1010. It may be worth checking your firewall. Lots of Anti Virus programs handle their own firewall (mine included... AVG)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:31 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:36 pm
bobsk8 wrote: *  Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:38 pm
If it's not connecting... and it doesn't attempt to till you connect to FS... you won't see and frequencies.

PF3 Display doesn't use FSUIPC with 3.10, instead we use TCP/IP, so the problem will undoubtedly be a blocked port. By default PF3 Display uses port 1010. It may be worth checking your firewall. Lots of Anti Virus programs handle their own firewall (mine included... AVG)
OK.I haven't changed anything in firewall or any other settings. Using PF3 almost daily. I tried changing settings for for P3D, still no text, and still no Display either. I have a backup of PF3 on a backup drive, so I think I am going to just copy my backup folder and replace the update and get back to where I was.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:51 pm
Site Admin

I'm not saying you've changed anything but the new PF3 Display doesn't use FSUIPC it uses TCP/IP, hence your AV Firewall could be blocking it. Mine did... I use AVG

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:50 am

dmarch wrote: *  Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:51 pm
I'm not saying you've changed anything but the new PF3 Display doesn't use FSUIPC it uses TCP/IP, hence your AV Firewall could be blocking it. Mine did... I use AVG
I totally disabled firewall, still NG.

I copied the entire folder for PF3 from my backup drive to my C drive. Now everything works perfectly as it did before the update. I have ATC text working now, and PF3 Display works with all frequencies listed. I have unchecked auto-update, so that shouldn't happen again.

The latest update is just not going to work on my
system.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: