OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Descent request

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
pschlute
Post subject: Descent request
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:38 am

Hi

I completed a Concorde flight yesterday EGLL -KJFK. PFE was great and the accents in NY were superb. The selcal worked perfectly and I am very glad I bought this product.

I filed my plan with a FL550 ( about as high as I get on this route), and was able to perform the initial subsonic 28,000 feet cruise without being nagged by ATC before climbing in cruise climb.

However at FL550 about 200 nm from KJFK i need to perform a deceleration and 350 KIAS descent to 14,000 feet. I tried to ask ATC to change my altitude using the "L + number" method, but could not get it to work. The request to atc would always be as if I had just pressed the number key.... "L+2" would give me ACARS for example.

I did check the key assignments in PFE and "L" and "H" are listed as active.

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Descent request
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 am
Site Admin

Do you press and hold the 'L' key then press and release the numeric key before releasing the 'L' key?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Dave

I cannot remember now....if it turns out that is the problem I will write out some lines for my stupidity :D

Peter

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 am

Dave

i did two flights last night and I made sure I held down the "L" or "H" key before pressing and releasing the number.

The first flight was hit and miss. I did hear a request for a new altitude (H + 4), but I also heard immediately afterwards the request from the 4 key alone (higher alt due to clouds I think). I was given two responses from atc acceding to both my requests, so I was cleared to FL240 and then to FL 220 !!

I then tried a different flight and this time it worked perfectly. I am wondering if it is a FS9 keystroke issue. I will see if I can create a FSUIPC hotkey to perform this function.

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm
Site Admin

Sounds like your getting a key repeat on the '4' key.

Do you use the numeric keys beneath you function keys or are you using the numeric keypad. I think the former are best

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Dave

I used the numbers at the at the top of the keyboard, the ones between QWERTYUIOP abd the F-keys.

I know FS9 can be a bit odd at times with muliple keypresses.... engine +1/2/3/4 and Shit-E are two that I have had trouble with in the past. At least I know PFE works properly. If I get the problem again maybe I will reassign the keys in the PFE options.

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: