OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Cleared to land from 9,000-ish, 7-ish miles out.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
alogie
Post subject: Cleared to land from 9,000-ish, 7-ish miles out.
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi Dave,
I wonder if you could take a look at my log file and let me know where I'm going wrong. ATC started me on my descent but only took me down to around 9,000 (honestly, I can't remember) and then cleared me to land on the ILS. At that point, I was within a few miles of the airport had to go around because I was way too high. ATC then brought me back around and cleared me to land when I was still too high. I think I had to go around three times before I was low enough to capture the glide slope.
Obviously I did something wrong! :lol:
Does PF3 follow the altitudes given after the beginning of the STAR, or is it all me as soon as the STAR starts?

Thanks for making PF3, it really is the best.

Alistair Logie

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 112 times

Profile Quote
Skivster
Post subject: Re: Cleared to land from 9,000-ish, 7-ish miles out.
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Did you set the minumum alt in the settings, and in the sid/star page? That's usually the problem when I fly ;p

Profile Quote
alogie
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:50 pm

Skivster wrote: *  Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:43 pm
Did you set the minumum alt in the settings, and in the sid/star page? That's usually the problem when I fly ;p
Oooooh. I'll need to check that when I get back to my home machine..... :?
Thanks for the tip!

Profile Quote
alogie
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Just to close this one out. I did go back and see that I had made a number of errors in the way I set up the flight (including the FAF) so it's not surprising PF3 didn't respond the way I was expecting.

I went back and re-watched Simulation Channel Deluxe's excellent "OnCourse Software PF3 ATC | The Ultimate Tutorial +Commentary! [FS9/FSX/P3D]"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTBm4T4V0do&t=2015s

The creator of the video takes you through the process of setting up your flight in PF3 in great detail. This time I took written notes so I hopefully will retain a bit more this time.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: