OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

AFCAD mods & comm frequencies

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
brooser3
Post subject: AFCAD mods & comm frequencies
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Dave, I have recently modified the FSX default afcad for EGNT. The original afcad does not include the GROUND frequency for EGNT. I have added that frequency to the modified afcad and rebuilt the PFE database. EGNT now has the new frequency in the FSX frequency data file.
2 questions.
EGNT,0,0,"Newcastle"
EGNT,1,118.37,"NEWCASTLE"
EGNT,5,121.72,"NEWCASTLE"
EGNT,6,119.70,"NEWCASTLE"
EGNT,8,124.37,"NEWCASTLE"
EGNT,8,118.50,"NEWCASTLE"
1. Does it matter whether I name this as EGNT or NEWCASTLE? After creating a flight with PFE, sometimes PFE recognises the ground frequency 121.72, other times it doesn't. I can usually get it by disconnecting from FSX and selecting a new adventure from EGNT. On initial contact with Newcastle Ground, Ground will read out my Callsign and flight number twice, after that everything is ok.
2. Following an afcad modification, is it necessary to delete the comms frequencies in the modified afcads to avoid duplication?
regards, Alan

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: AFCAD mods & comm frequencies
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am
Site Admin

Alan,

Provided you rebuilt the PFE database, which I assume you must have, then everything will be okay. The 'Newcastle' entry in that file is not used. If you can recreate the problem with PFE not recognising that Ground frequency please email me the debug_monitor.log file from your ...\PFE\Logs folder.

Not sure I understand your second question but PFE does not directly use AFCAD files.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: