OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

A feature that I think is very much needed

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
slbenfica18
Post subject: A feature that I think is very much needed
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:17 am

First of all let me start by saying that PF3-ATC is fantastic I got it when it first came out and I believe that no sim is completed without this great ATC replacement. In many ways it introduces much needed realism into sims, for me i use P3D. I have tried a number of other ATC programs but always default back to this one for many reason, mainly because it is easy to use - easy to understand and set up and for me it works very well in a networked system. There is however a feature that i think is needed - I think we need a hot key to request permission to land when for what ever reason the ATC has not given us that permission ( now i say for what ever reason - i could be down to poor flight planning, a program hang or whatever other reason leads us to get the the airport and waiting and waiting for the landing clearance that will never come. I want to be clear that i am not blaming the program - for not clearing to land - obviously there was a misstep that got me into that position for the life of me i cannot understand - i use simbrief for planning - Regardless it is freaken annoying - now i understand that i can declare and emergency and have atc clear me to land but i think that takes away from the immersion of the sim. so i was wondering if there was a possibility to create a key like when requesting emergency but in this case just requesting clearance to land.
I will close by saying l am looking forward to the new update and just wanted to say my gratitude for your team for making sim a lot more fun!!!

manuel

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: A feature that I think is very much needed
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 am
Site Admin

Hi Manuel,

Firstly, thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated.

Secondly, you never have to worry about posting about what you believe to be a bug with PF3. Unlike some developers I welcome the feedback and it is the only way PF3 is going to get better.

Thirdly, the hotkey you desire is already available! Hotkey #1, when tuned to Center or Approach, is a request to be 'Cleared to final at pilot's discretion'

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
slbenfica18
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:42 am

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 am
Hi Manuel,

Firstly, thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated.

Secondly, you never have to worry about posting about what you believe to be a bug with PF3. Unlike some developers I welcome the feedback and it is the only way PF3 is going to get better.

Thirdly, the hotkey you desire is already available! Hotkey #1, when tuned to Center or Approach, is a request to be 'Cleared to final at pilot's discretion'
thank you so much for your quick reply, i understand that the request "clear to final at pilots discretion" is there but many many times the message that appears is " only available in IFR landing or something along those lines " i guess what am requesting is it possible to, regardless what has happen on the flight - when you tune into approach - can you request clearance to final - regardless whether you hit that point on the flight where the program tries to clear you to final - if it makes any sense - for example on the native ATC when you get to an airport if you tune on to approach you can be clared to final and you don't even need to use ATC for the flight !! just my two cents !! regardless love the program anyways

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:36 am
Site Admin

Quote:
i guess what am requesting is it possible to, regardless what has happen on the flight - when you tune into approach - can you request clearance to final
Let me answer your question with a question :D What happens when you try?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
slbenfica18
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 am

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:36 am
Quote:
i guess what am requesting is it possible to, regardless what has happen on the flight - when you tune into approach - can you request clearance to final
Let me answer your question with a question :D What happens when you try?
it tells me "this command is only available in landing mode or IFR"- my point is obvious somewhere i likely screwed up! because i passed the last point in the flight and no clearance - if i turn into tower there is nothing....so my question would it be possible to just force a landing request by pressing a HOTKEY

again i am not trying to be difficult - i guess someone previous suggested not to check the stars box therefore you will be given a heading and then you can request cleared to final at pilots request ...i guess i can continue to due that

manuel

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 am
Site Admin

Probably the best thing to do is next time you have a problem is just ZIP the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder, at the end of the flight. Then report it here on the forum, we a brief explanation about what happened or didn't happen, what you did and what you were expecting or hoping to occur and or course, attach the zipped log file. I'd really like to exactly what's happening and see if there's anything we can do to improve things going forward.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kmax59
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:24 am

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same issue, this happened everytime I needed to ask for a direct to final at pilot's discretion. Here is my latest flight debug monitor.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(793.06 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Maxime
TOGA projects founder & developer

Profile Quote
kmax59
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Hello Dave,

Have you been able to look at my log files?

Maxime

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:26 pm
Site Admin

Sorry I did forget to check your log :oops:

Just had a quick scan through it now and I'm not really sure what your problem is exactly. If you could explain a little more I'll take another look. You were cleared for your STAR and later handed off to Approach and then Tower. :?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kmax59
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:58 pm

Hello Dave, no problem ;)

The issue I meet is that when asking "Request direct to final at pilot's discretion" it always gives me this error: "Only available in IFR and landing mode" wether I'm on approach or not, it does not allow me to ask a direct to final.

Maxime

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: