OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Bad Data?!? I can't get FDC working!!!!

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
AvroArrow
Post subject: Bad Data?!? I can't get FDC working!!!!
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 am

:x
I finally got the Error 58 dealt with, and now there's another problem.
I got everything set to go flying, hit connect and get this message:

IPC request contains bad data. Check FSUIPC version.
(3.2 or later required)

3.2 or later required? I have version 3.6!
Help please!!

Profile Quote
pasterke
Post subject: Re: Bad Data?!? I can't get FDC working!!!!
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 am

Hi,
first install the latest FSUIPC 3.96 (FS9) : if that does not work , see the FDC FAQ on top of this forum or the sticky post on top : FDC/VISTA/ERROR58

Q: I have the latest version of FDC and FSX but when I try to connect I get the following message - "IPC request contains bad data - check FSUIPC version"...
A: This is not actually an FDC issue but you do need a correctly installed copy of FSUIPC to use FDC. The first thing to do is to download and install the latest version of FSUIPC from here. FSUIPC is FREE and you do not need to register it for use with FDC. If you are still having problems then you could try the registry fix found at this link which has cured the problem for some users. Failing this please post on our support forum and we will do our best to help or direct you to Pete Dowsons forum for further assistance.

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
AvroArrow
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi..thanks for the help. Could you please post the links for those updates? Not quite sure where to look for them.

Cheers.

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:47 am

AvroArrow wrote:
Hi..thanks for the help. Could you please post the links for those updates? Not quite sure where to look for them.

Cheers.
http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

http://lkalamaras.blogspot.com/2007/06/ ... -good.html

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
AvroArrow
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Okay, so I downloded and installed FSUIPC4 and WideFS. The first one seems to be running correctly, but I don't know where to install the WideFS. Ran through all the set-up again for FDC and get the error message Error 429 Active X component can't create object in "set-up direct sound" routine. Any ideas?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am
Site Admin

If you're running FSX then you need FSUIPC4 but do not need WideServer as that is included in FSUIPC4. If you're running FDC on a client PC you will need a copy of WideClient, if runing FDC on the FS machine you do not need WideClient.

The only way I know of fixing a 429 error is to reinstall FDC, When doing so please ensure you have Admin rights and stop all other programs that may be running, especially your virus checker and any other security type product.

I believe you also emailed me about this and I specifically asked for the EXACT message you're getting but as yet have not heard back

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
AvroArrow
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Good afternoon Dave, The EXACT error message I am getting is "Error 429 Active X component can't create object in "set-up direct sound" routine".
I am not running a client PC so I will dump WideFS. I'm going to re-install FDC and see what happens.

Profile Quote
AvroArrow
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Okay. I uninstalled FDC then reinstalled it making sure all my anti-virus and firewalls were shut down. I am the administrator on this PC. Here is the following error message I am now receiving.

"Your FSX installation is not suitable for this version of FSUIPC you may need to install an update from Microsoft".

I have the current version of FSUIPC, and with the exception of the connection problem, it was working correctly prior to the re-installation.
I am starting to get a little frustrated with this product as I have heard nothing but good things about it. Have you come across anyone else having such difficulty as I am?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 pm

You will need to install Service Pack 1 for FSX and then preferably SP2 also, that is what FSUIPC means by "Your FSX installation is not suitable for this version of FSUIPC you may need to install an update from Microsoft"

It can also mean that you have a damaged Simconnect install, and FSUIPC will not operate until you fix the Simconnect problem.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: