OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Concorde question

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
pschlute
Post subject: Concorde question
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Flying Concorde on a EGLL-KJFk route involves a short 28,000 ft cruise stage (until over the Bristol Channel), followed by a climb that will take it up to about 50,000 feet from where it will "cruise climb". This means it will not maintain a steady flight level but will slowly climb (or even descend) depending on weight and weather conditions up to a max of 60,000 feet.

I am looking for suggestions how to best incorporate PFE atc into my flight (if possible). My method with FS9 atc is to file a 28,000 cruise flight plan, and then cancell it before I bign to climb from that level. During my descent I open the plan after having edited the cruise level to one of my waypoint crossing levels (14,000) and reconnect with atc from there so I can get vectors to final.

Is there any way I can use PFE in a similar way ?

ps. Really enjoying this addon btw.

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Concorde question
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,
I create my flightplans using FS Build and tell it that i am using concorde,enter the altitude say 58,000 feet,compile it and i have a flightplan created for use with Concorde.
PFE will give you step climbs and you can specify what altitude you want at certain waypoints on the altitude adjustment screen on the climbout.
I never have to cancel a flightplan as you say you do....
Hope this helps ;)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Dav

Thanks for the reply.

I have to cancell a flightplan if i use the standard FS9 atc, because it will keep nagging me to continue my climb. I have not tried it yet with PFE. Will PFE nag me to continue climbing to say FL580 , if I am climbing from say FL500 in a very shallow cruise climb ?

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi,
kick FS9's ATC into touch cos it's 3 strikes and your flightplan is cancelled,if i remember rightly and use PFE's,no you wont get nagged,well at least i haven't anyway.
Yes you can continue your climbout,whether it be shallow or not PFE won't harrass you and if you set your altitude on adjustments page all should go well,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:08 am

Excellent

I will give it a whirl soon.

Peter

Profile Quote