OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC Voices

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
pschlute
Post subject: ATC Voices
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi

I have just done my first full flight ... Gran Canaria to London and I was impressed with the added realism of the regional accents of pilots and atc.

However, my take off was confused somewhat by the exceptionally well clipped British accents at my departure. Obviously the current recession has seen hoards of Sloane Square types take jobs working for Gran Canaria Ground/Tower/departure atc !!! :o

Is it one of my settings that needs adjusting, or perhaps to do with the scenery (Aerosoft Canary Islands airports) ?

It was not until I was passed on to Centre that I heard a local accent from atc

Any thoughts would be appreciated. As I said this is my first flight and it may be just "one of those things"

ps. ground control were posher than my co-pilot !!

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: ATC Voices
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Just to add. I am using the aerosoft download of PFE, with the Voice Pack from Aerosoft.

I have updated from v 2.10 to 2.11 using the manual method advised on this forum.

I have seen reference to v 2.11.1 but cannot see where this update can be downloaded from. If I try and use the auto updater from the program directly it takes me back to v2.6 ??

I am using windows 7.

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:59 pm
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Please send me ALL the LOG files from your ...\PFE\Updates folder as I need to check out the update you say takes you back to 2.6... if thet IS happening then something is very, very wrong and I need to investigate

As for regional accents please remember that some areas will be less well served than others, in which case we use 'backup' accents. You can actually changed which 'backup' accesnts are used in which area if you wish... go to Options #2 then select Adjust Regional Voice Accents Used

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Install sorted now and am running 2.11.1

I replied to your email, thanks

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]