OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

SIDs and STARs not being recognised correctly

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Iceman
Post subject: SIDs and STARs not being recognised correctly
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello PF3 users,

Is this a SIM limitation or PF3 fault or an issue at my end.

When I assign a SID and/or STAR name to an individual runway during the SID/STAR setup menu at an airport. The SID/STAR name or identifier at some airports can be different for each runway. When in SIM and requesting an airways clearance for takeoff I often receive a SID for a runway that is different from the runway that is later assigned to me by ground control when requesting taxi clearance.

Same also happens when inflight arriving and being assigned a STAR. I usually get a STAR for a runway that is valid for the current wind conditions and AI traffic use but when I finally get told the runway to use this can often be different than the already named STAR.

Eg. PF3 assigns STAR ROLO7N (EDDF RWY 07L) but when I get to my last flight planned waypoint I get told to track to final for runway 07C which should have been ROLO7S STAR.

I’m guessing but it seems PF3 is figuring out the correct runway direction to use based on winds and AI traffic but then just randomly selects any SID or STAR for a runway in that direction which then can be different when receiving taxi clearance or arrival clearance.

In any case I still believe this is the best ATC addon to date.

Thanks 🙏
IM

Ps Any chance we could get Altitude in meters for Chinese airspace?

I moved this topic to the correct forum!

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: SIDs and STARs not being recognised correctly
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:20 pm

In PF3 if you assign a SID/STAR name to a particular runway, the procedure name is associated with that specific runway. When you call for clearance, PF3 checks for AI activity and if no AI are active at the time, PF3 selects a runway based on wind. When you later call for taxi, AI may be active at that time, which will cause PF3 to change your departure runway assignment. If this happens you can request a runway change to the original runway if you prefer.

Something similar is probably happening with arrivals. In your case PF3 probably made an initial assignment of 07L based on wind. Later in the flight AI may have been detected using 07C, which would cause PF3 to change the active runway. In this case you can either land on 07C or request a runway change to the original 07L. Also, for arrivals, you can now limit the number of times PF3 checks for an active runway (Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks screen, Approach section). Reducing the number of checks reduces the chance you will have a runway change.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iceman
Post subject: Re: SIDs and STARs not being recognised correctly
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:35 am

“Reducing the number of checks reduces the chance you will have a runway change.“

Thanks for this info, I forgot or was unaware of this tweak and I’m sure this will help.

Thank you

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: