OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New To PFE Have a Couple of Questions

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
TonyP
Post subject: New To PFE Have a Couple of Questions
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I installed and loaded PFE and the Voice Expansion Pack in my Win7 computer running FSX with Acceleration. I followed the Manual & Tutorial and created an ADV flight file and used the Adjust FS FP for PF2000 for the GPS option. I think I did everything properly, I start my flight in FSX, my Addon-Top Line menu shows an Option to Stop FPE , which seems to indicate that PFE is running. I hit the -0- key, nothing happens, no coms or voice from me, I do not see a ComFreq line as shown in the tutorial. So I click-on Ctrl+Shift+V and FSUIPC shows that I'm in a different CP Mode, in each mode I hit-0- to get clearance, but nothing happens when I hit -0-. In frustration I hit the tilde-key to access FSX-ATC, and right-away I'm requesting clearance.

What do I need to do to communicate with ATC via PFE? Am I missing a step? What's the easiest CP mode to be in? Need a little assistance to get-going in PFE.

Also as an aside when setting-up my first PFE flight, I noticed that ProFlight2000 on the bottom left had me in a Citation Jet, which is accurate - I selected that plane, but the next line below said:" Plan For 737-400" and below that line said "Cruise Speed 0.74 Mach" ??? don't know where those came from, I didn't select those settings, is that just something that I should ignore?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Post subject: Re: New To PFE Have a Couple of Questions
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 pm

It sounds like you have an old version of PFE installed because the is no longer an option to close PFE from the add-ons menu in FSX. Please make sure you have the latest version installed by using the update function within PFE or use the update from sticky post at the top of the forum to download accumulative update HERE which will bring you up to version 2.10 then use the auto update feature built in to PFE to install the other minor updates which should finally bring you up to version 2.11.1, I think that's the latest public build anyway, just keep pressing the update button till it tells you you have the latest version.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
TonyP
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 pm

I downloaded and installed the update installer and the PFeaccum1.exe and PFeaccum2.exe into my \PFE\Updates folder, double-clicked on the installer and followed the on-screen instructions. I assumed that the updates installed to 2.11. When I opened PFE after re-booting, it still said that it was version 2.6.0, so I click "check for updates", doing that, I received an error box saying "Run-time error 9: Subscript out of range" . I'm still stuck with version 2.6.0 .

what next??

Tony

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am
Site Admin

Tony,

You couldn't have installed the update correctly. It has been tried and tested a hundred times and used by many users to date.... it works perfectly, but you have to follow the install instructions to the letter

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: