OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Pause before pre-pushback checks?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
geoffco
Post subject: Pause before pre-pushback checks?
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi,

First of all - congratulations on FDC, it's a very impressive bit of software and adds a great deal to the immersion in FS. I purchased in November 09 and I'm not sure of the version number because it is on a different PC...
I generally use the program manually, as in I press a hotkey to activate the next checklist. However, the pre-start and pre-pushback checks seem to be linked such that one always follows the other and I cannot find an option to make this manual or extend the pause (sometimes it is not really long enough). Obviously I can simply pause it when it starts but I am wondering if there is an option I've missed.
Talking of pauses, in the more automatic modes, is there a way to delay the parking checklist more so that it isn't immediately after setting the parking brake? Usually it takes a few seconds to actually shut off the avionics and switch to ground power etc which means that the checklist items have not been finished in time!
Finally, when departing, the crew always says "cabin crew prepare for gate departure" but what if it was a stand instead. Is there a way to choose stand arrival/departure vs. gate?
Sorry if this is somewhere in the literature - I couldn't find it...

Cheers,
Geoff

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Pause before pre-pushback checks?
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Site Admin

Hi Geof,

You may extend the pause simply by going to the 'Select Flight page and entering a longer value in the relevant box

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
geoffco
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 pm

dmarch wrote:
Hi Geof,

You may extend the pause simply by going to the 'Select Flight page and entering a longer value in the relevant box
Thanks. I'll have to go back and check this but in the mode I was using (semi-auto) the two were still linked by a short time delay which I thought wasn't how it should be - I thought I should have to press the hotkey again for the next checklist? Also, there is no option there for the pause before parking checks (presumably triggered after the parking brake is set)...

Geoff

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:35 pm
Site Admin

I'll take a look at that... something I haven't tried for years.

As for the pause I'll see what I can do as there will be a new release very soon

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: