OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runtime 91 error in PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 4 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Runtime 91 error in PF3
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Quote:
Oh, and one more thing. If the flight plan takes up more than one page of the Adjust altitudes...etc screen, I can never hit the Next button and go to the subsequent screen. The button gives an indication that it has been pushed (kind of lights up) but nothing happens...it doesn't go to the next screen. This is what led me to question array processing, such that the subscript variables are getting corrupted or a problem with memory management allocating and managing the arrays. Just keeping that thought out there. May be of no value whatsoever.
Just how many wypts are you using? I have a fpl from London Heathrow to Kai Tak and that only has 50 wypts which all show correctly. Dave has already said that the fpl loads correctly in his sytem and I am sure he would have also checked the accessability of wypts etc for changing at the same time.

If some buttons seem obscured experiment with changing your skin. That may help.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 pm

vololiberista wrote: *  Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:27 pm
Quote:
Oh, and one more thing. If the flight plan takes up more than one page of the Adjust altitudes...etc screen, I can never hit the Next button and go to the subsequent screen. The button gives an indication that it has been pushed (kind of lights up) but nothing happens...it doesn't go to the next screen. This is what led me to question array processing, such that the subscript variables are getting corrupted or a problem with memory management allocating and managing the arrays. Just keeping that thought out there. May be of no value whatsoever.
Just how many wypts are you using? I have a fpl from London Heathrow to Kai Tak and that only has 50 wypts which all show correctly. Dave has already said that the fpl loads correctly in his sytem and I am sure he would have also checked the accessability of wypts etc for changing at the same time.

If some buttons seem obscured experiment with changing your skin. That may help.
I'm curious because the 50 wypts from EGLL to VHHX take up just three columns. Not more than one page. i.e. still on the single wypt adjustment panel. Also on a not highres screen either!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm

7X7VirtualPilot wrote: *  Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 am
Once again, with feeling. The flight plan is KIADEGLL12.pln. It could just as easily be KIADRJAA05, it will fail the same way.

1. I load up the flight plan, click on the Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs and Holds for Selected Flight Plan

2. On the above screen, I click on the Activate quick-entry mode.

3. The box with the Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set
message comes up.
Thank you. I can only confirm the expected: It works fine here.

Dave might want to take a look at the startup.log (I can't decrypt it yet), but maybe registering the 10Tec_hTooltip_100.dll (as he wrote on the previous page) already helps.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Quote:
Is that a serious question considering I'm flying half-way around the world? Remember I use REAL WORLD flight plans, not ones I make up (unless airlines or country policy doesn't allow the posting of a flight plan (am looking at you BAW)). The plan KIADRJAA05.pln is the real flight plan of UA803 on 19 Aug 2017. Also, PFPX fills in waypoints along an airway, such that I only specify the beginning and end waypoint along an airway and PFPX fills in the rest. It can be 10 or more. I think the number of waypoints should not be an issue. Display resolution may be however. On my system (2560x1440), the Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs and Holds for Selected Flight Plan screen only shows two columns of waypoints. Not three or more. For the KIADRJAA05.pln there are 25 waypoints per column. Waypoints mean the explicit ones and the XXX ones PF3 adds for its purposes. NO buttons are obscured. I've tried this on MANY skins and the results are consistent.

Dave, the file you mention is in C:\Windows\syswow64. I don't have a Win Sys folder. I did get a good response "DllRisgerServer in 10Tec_hTooltip_100.dll succeeded."

Am going to bounce the system and try, try again. BRB

[ img ]

Capt George - @7x7VirtualPilot

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Am back. The registration of that DLL made no difference. PF3 fails consistently doing the any of the activities I've already outlined.

Time to break out the Macallans 15 yo, me thinks!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:50 pm
Site Admin

I'm just wondering if you're experiencing a 'skin' related problem (sorry, not being personal :lol: )

Please try switching to PF3 V2 skins rather than V1. You can do this by selecting Options #2 from the main menu, then Advance Options, then under Misc select 'Use PF3 skins V2'

Please let us know if this helps

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:24 pm

7X7VirtualPilot wrote: *  Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 pm
Quote:
Is that a serious question considering I'm flying half-way around the world?
Well, yes in a way because you don't need so many wypts. When flying an airway you only need in real life reporting points and turning points. Half of the reporting points can be discarded unless they cross a boundary of some sort. Turning points can also be discarded if not making the turn keeps you within the required limits of the airway. PFPX is notorious for sending simmers round the houses because of its algorithm that forces it to only use airways. You cannot fly direct to in other words. The example I mention EGLL to VHHX is a fair distance too and right at the extremity of the Super V10's endurance. One of the things you should always do is check/verify your fpl in Skyvector. A common error with PFPX is to send flights the wrong way down airways. I've seen that lots.
You should try routfinder. It is always up to date regarding the airac cycle and produces fpls in at least 16 different formats.
Your fpl KIAD to EGLL produces 29 intermediate wypts which is much more realistic.
Try this when you have time
KIAD BROSS STIKY OOD DAVYS BRAND RBV LAURN LLUND SANTT PACER HFD PUT BOS
SCUPP CANAL TUSKY TUDEP 52N050W 53N040W 53N030W 52N020W LIMRI XETBO EVRIN
NEKAP ABDUK NUMPO OKESI BEDEK EGLL

I'm flying half-way around the world I would say that EGLL to VHHX is a bit further than KIAD to EGLL at a pinch!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 am

Thank you for the flight planning lesson vololiberista but I am aware of how to plan. It appears from your remarks that you have made some assumptions about my use of PFPX. Let me state one more time that I enter the flight plan into PFPX exactly as it is posted on FlightAware. Nothing more and nothing less. PFPX handles waypoint direct routing just fine when NOT using the automatic routing that PFPX can provide. Again, I do not use the automatic routing feature of PFPX, unless a flight plan is not available and even then I will edit it as I see fit factoring in such things as weather (my job in the Air Force). The fact that PFPX fills in the waypoints along an airway is of no consequence. I end up with a more granular flight plan and can observe timings and fuel consumption more closely. I do not like the canned flight plans that you can pick up on some web sites, preferring real world airline flight plans for the date and time that I am flying. Those plans have been put together by factoring in the weather and routes available and that is what I'm trying to emulate and why I use real-time weather with my sim. This is how I prefer to fly and it, apparently, is not how you prefer to fly. C'est la vie! And BTW, I was referring to the KIAD-RJAA flight, not KIAD-EGLL for length of flight. I doubt that a good route from Dulles to Heathrow goes through Alaska. ;)

Dave,
I will try your skin suggestion after my current flight later tonight.

Cheers,
Geroge

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:31 am

Dave,
I switched to v2 skins. Sadly, no difference. If we can figure this out I'll be a very happy simmer as I love what your program does, exactly what I had been looking for, it only took me 38 years to find it (how long I've been simming).

Continuing thanks for your help!
George

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 am

PFPX is not the problem here. I've loaded flight plans crossing multiple pages in PF3 without problems.
And PFPX can do directs, but vololiberista probably has seen too many people putting too much blind faith in the flight plans automatically generated by it, so he now assumes all flight plans that have been touched by PFPX are wrong.

vololiberista, please stop bringing this up as it distracts from the real issues (whatever they are in this case).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
Jump to: