OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runtime 91 error in PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »
7X7VirtualPilot
Post subject: Re: Runtime 91 error in PF3
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 pm

I have provided the good and offending flight plans. The '91' failure occurs during the PF3 setup, long before FSX is brought up, let alone connecting to FSX. Having once worked for a software house, am well aware these are the most frustrating types of problems to trouble shoot. The 'sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't'. As I've pointed out, the operating system vendor, ahem Microsoft, updates the system when they want so difficult to know 'exactly' what has changed going to the 'Creator's Update'. That's why I've provided the release information and am happy to try to figure out what release of runtime libraries I have if I know what to look for...as in what language PF3 was written.

The only conclusion I can draw is that I've never been able to load a long (over 1 page on the PF3 route screen where you specify altitudes and the end of the SID and start of the STAR) flight plan. However, not a guarantee. The attached flight plan KIADEGLL12 will cause PF3 to abend if I attempt to assign the end of the SID, start of the STAR or adjust the altitudes by clicking the Activate quick-entry mode check box. At that very moment, PF3 abends with a '91'. And it is less than a page, although right up to the limit. A word about the flight plans I've submitted. They mirror real world flight plans as provided on the FlightAware web site, when the airlines and their countries allow (UK?). None of these flight plans were 'made up' by PFPX.

Finally, all of these flight plans work with FSX:SE and by extension my aircraft. In this case I'm using the PMDG 777. The plane flies the route just fine. This problem is confined to PF3.

Hope this sheds further light,
George

Attachments
KIADEGLL12.zip
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

[ img ]

Capt George - @7x7VirtualPilot

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 pm

I should add one more observation with the caveat that it might provide false assumptions. I've never loaded up a flight plan that failed, restarted PF3, loaded that same flight plan again and have that flight plan work. All flight plans load, but when attempting to make use of the 'Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs and Holds for Selected Flight Plan' screen, the failure if it is going to occur, does and does consistently with the given flight plan. I should think that might be significant.

Cheers,
George

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:25 pm
Site Admin

I'm happy tis is not a flight plan issue because I can load your flight plans and adjust them here (altitudes, SID,STAR, etc) without any problems, so the is a system specific issue where something has not be installed/registered.

As a long shot try running (as Admin) the PF3_register.exe program from your main PF3 folder

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Maybe delete all files from the PF3/Flight/FPP/ADJ/ directory or make otherwise sure that all are writable by the user starting PF3?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:28 am

I will run the requested program when my current flight is finished (about 5 hours). I am not deleting things for the sake of deleting. I did a clean install, including deleting the PF3 folders and reclaimed the space before re-installing (am NOT writing over a previous install). Also cleaned the registry using both ccleaner and jv16 Power Tools before re-installing. I will do things to help, but please briefly explain why you need me to do something. Let me help you help me. I will state my feeling that there is something is adrift with building/processing arrays. Don't know if you build multi-dimensional arrays but subscripting can be an issue, not because of a coding error but because of runtime libraries having issues. As an aside, am flying the KIAD-EGLL route today and with todays flight plan, taken from the live UA918, it is running perfectly (have attached). To restate, what worked before I reinstalled PF3, still works, and what failed before reinstalling PF3, still fails. A question for Dave Marsh, what release/version are you running of Windows? Is it exactly the same as mine? Sorry, that's two questions... ;)

Thanks for your help,
George

Attachments
KIADEGLL14.zip
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

If I am correct what you are saying is that you "can" load the fpl into PF3 and it processes it. But it falls over when you want to make waypoint adjustments etc.

That's something I don't think I have ever seen. However! You could try loading the fpl, have it processed by PF3. Close PF3 and zip and attach the log files. There may be some anomaly that might show up.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 am

I ran the PF3_register program. Should have I expected any output? There was nothing on the screen. It appears to run for a couple, maximum three seconds and ends.

I loaded a failing FP , the KIADRJAA05.pln and immediately turned around and shut down PF3. The logs are included. The only files that were modified during this particular run were the startup.log and XDebug.log. The statement that I can always load a flight plan is correct. It is only when I attempt to modify the SIDs, STARs, etc, that the program falls over. Not until then. But by modify, even if the ONLY thing I do is check the 'Activate quick-entry mode' box, it falls over immediately as I check the box.

Attachments
Logs.zip
(2.93 MiB) Downloaded 135 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am
Site Admin

Quote:
A question for Dave Marsh, what release/version are you running of Windows? Is it exactly the same as mine? Sorry, that's two questions...
I run Win XP, Win 7 and Win 7 64, Win 10 64 but without the dreaded Creators update so no, I'm not running the same as you I'm afraid.
Quote:
I ran the PF3_register program. Should have I expected any output? There was nothing on the screen. It appears to run for a couple, maximum three seconds and ends.
That's correct, there is no output and I did say is was a long shot... the only time this process actually helps is if you receive an 'unregistered' error message.
Quote:
I loaded a failing FP , the KIADRJAA05.pln and immediately turned around and shut down PF3.
So PF3 fell over immediately after loading the FP and without you actually trying anything else?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am

What I find curious is that you were (at least at some point) able to make adjustments to the wypts and the SIDs and STARs
Quote:
Using Adjusted Waypoint Altitudes...
Original Alt (see FPP) for WP 1 changed to: 3000
Original Alt (see FPP) for WP 33 changed to: 14000
Original Alt (see FPP) for WP 34 changed to: 11000
Original Alt (see FPP) for WP 35 changed to: 8000
Original Alt (see FPP) for WP 36 changed to: 5000
End SID at WP: 5
Start STAR at WP: 33
End STAR at WP: 36

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:07 pm

One way to help us helping you would be to clearly state for every flight plan if this particular flight plan works with PF3+adjustments or not. It might be clear for you, but not for me.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 9  [ 90 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »
Jump to: