OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Johannesburg (FAJS) prevents compiling?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
CoolP
Post subject: Johannesburg (FAJS) prevents compiling?
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi there ...

I´ve been using PFE quite a while now and most of the time it works absolutely flawless by expanding the flight experience in FSX by a big margin.
Yesterday i tried compiling a plan generated by FSC (FlightSimCommander 8.6) from Kinshasa (FZAA) to Johannesburg (FAJS) and after converting it via PFE to PF2000-format I clicked (just like all the times before) to get it compiled by PF2000.
The problem is: It´s loaded into PF2000, all settings are made (aircraft type, cruise level, ...) and the "Compile"-button is white ... but clicking it doesn´t start the process of compiling. There´s no new window opening ... a click just causes no reaction.

If I load another plan with the same settings but changing destination to another city PF2000 works just as expected and starts compiling.

First I thought that FSC might be the origin of the problem be creating "wrong" plans and therefor tried die internal FSX-Flightplanner ... same reaction: choosing destinations other than Johannesburg (FAJS) and PF2000 starts compiling, but when I use FAJS as destination there´s just no reaction although the "Compile"-button is white (active).

I even tried one "fix" in this forum where the thread starter suggested to change the cruise FL and the trying to compile ... no reaction too. It seems to my that the destination set to Johannesburg (FAJS) causes problems in PF2000.

If somebody could test this on his system by creating a plan with DESTINATION FAJS and trying to compile it via PF2000 ... departure airport doesn´t matter in my case.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Johannesburg (FAJS) prevents compiling?
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:58 pm
Site Admin

Just tried it and it works fine here.

Please check all your settings....like cruise altitude, centre altitude, etc.

Also, when you click the 'compile' button do you see anything in the bottom lower left part of the PF screen

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
CoolP
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Ah, thanks for your quick reply ...

My settings are all fine because they´re working on every other destination but FAJS (ok, haven´t tried all 26.000 airports so far :lol: ). I tried to run it on another machine ... same result: Johannesburg as destination doesn´t get PF2000 to start compiling.

Apart from playing around with the settings (which I did) ... is there another way to influence PF2000 and its compiling procedure (new database, SID/STAR-information, etc.)?
Or are there any log files that would point to the source of the problem?

If there was a general fault and PF2000 refused compiling all the way ... but it´s just FAJS - strange behavior.
Off course, my short term solution will be to fly to another airport and hoping to get around this behavior. As long as I´m using PFE and PF2000 I never experienced this problem on an airport except this one.

Profile Quote
CoolP
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 pm

UPDATE:

I took one premade plan-file from the "100 airports"-package in this forum ... FSIA to FAJS.
If I convert it with PFE to PF2000-format, take my settings and click "Compile" ... it starts right away, flawless.
So I assume that my planning software/database is corrupted in one or another way ... strange, because FAJS is just a standard FSX airport, no "tuned" data in any way.

In short:
Consider my problem as solved, PFE and PF2000 are not the source but off course suffer from bad data build by my flight planners.

Will update if I find the corruption. Thanks for your support :)

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:57 pm
Site Admin

Excellent. Thanks for the update... if you would like to email me your original flight plan (the one that fails) I might be able to spot where the problem is

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the files.

I took your original FP, converted it using PFE, then created the ADV flight file with ProFlight... no problems whatsoever.

Have you checked the following taken from our FAQ section?

Q: PFE used to work but now it won't compile a flight plan even though the Compile button works and is not greyed out.

A: A few things to check in ProFlight Settings... please ensure you have your Cruise Altitude set to at least the same altitude as that in your flight plan... also ensure the Center Altitude is not too low (you may need to experiment with this one but tests have shown it can be too low which can prevent PF compiling the flight plan.... the default is 14,500)... also make sure the Center altitude is lower than the cruise altitude... if your regional currency settings are set to a comma rather than a decimal character that can also prevent PF from compiling the ADV flight file. If all else fails please try setting your regional settings to English just to see if that cure the problem.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
CoolP
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Got it!
"if your regional currency settings are set to a comma rather than a decimal character that can also prevent PF from compiling the ADV flight file." Changed from German to English and guess what ... PF2000 starts compiling.

Must have overlooked that tip in the FAQ. Thanks for your patience. :)

Although strange behavior to deny compiling just on that one airport ... :roll:

Profile Quote
Daveo
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 am

Funny I compiled a FP from ZSPD to FAJS. 1000 miles out as we speak. Compiled ok but had a similar problem like that a few weeks ago. I forget what plan it was. I'd hit the compile button and it would just hang. i figured it ws just because I hadnt rebooted my machine in 3 weeks.

Dave Opper
ESSB-Stockholm, Sweden
[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:40 am
Site Admin

Don't you just love computers... ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: