OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Question re Taxi / Cleared for takeoff

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
stuarth
Post subject: Question re Taxi / Cleared for takeoff
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:51 pm

On my last 2 flights, I get to the holding point and it seems the FO hasn't changed comm1 to Tower freq. and he doesn't request clearance for takeoff. I manually set comm1 to Tower and press 0, but nothing happens all I seem to get is "xxxx at gate nn ready to taxi" or "radio check" or "continue taxi".

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Could you confirm what should happen / the normal sequence of events. I have the CP mode set to 3.

Thanks,
Stuart

Cheers,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Question re Taxi / Cleared for takeoff
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:56 pm

stuarth wrote: *  Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:51 pm
On my last 2 flights, I get to the holding point and it seems the FO hasn't changed comm1 to Tower freq. and he doesn't request clearance for takeoff. I manually set comm1 to Tower and press 0, but nothing happens all I seem to get is "xxxx at gate nn ready to taxi" or "radio check" or "continue taxi".

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Could you confirm what should happen / the normal sequence of events. I have the CP mode set to 3.

Thanks,
Stuart
You need to attach your logs in zip form. We need to see what type of airfield you were departing from and what type of flight plan you were operating from. For example an airfield with just a Tower will require hotkey zero for clearance and again for taxi and you will have to press hotkey 6 yourself when ready for departure at the hold.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
stuarth
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 pm

I can't look at sending logs until tomorrow, but I'll check the airfield and frequencies first before sending anything, as it could be my error.

Stuart

Cheers,
Stuart

Sim: FSXSE
Other relavent software: MCE

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 pm

If the FO does not detect you being close to the holdung point, just manually tune to Tower (like you did) and use hotkey 6 (not 0) to request takeoff clearance.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: