OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

LSGG Geneva to LIPO Montichiari (Garda) - My favourite place in the whole world

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: LSGG Geneva to LIPO Montichiari (Garda) - My favourite place in the whole world
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:23 pm
Site Admin

From a very quick look you don't appear to have any waypoints in your flight plan and you would/should have receive a message from PF3 about that?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Post subject: Re: LSGG Geneva to LIPO Montichiari (Garda) - My favourite place in the whole world
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Surely, if you open the jpg you will see the flight plan. I do.

And Dave. I didn't get to the stage where I could open activate PF3

John

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 pm
Surely, if you open the jpg you will see the flight plan. I do.

And Dave. I didn't get to the stage where I could open activate PF3

John

We need the fpl in its original file format so that that can be tested. We can't test a jpg file.

And this fpl along with the applied driftdown procedures and altitude constraints does work!!
LSGG GVA MOBLO LURAG SRN LIPO

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm

As I said before, I don't really know what I'm doing but I think this is what you're looking for.

John.

Attachments
IFR Geneva to Montichiari.zip
(703 Bytes) Downloaded 112 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm
As I said before, I don't really know what I'm doing but I think this is what you're looking for.

John.
Thanks that's exactly what we need. And Dave was corrent there are no waypoints. PF3 needs at least one. You should try the fpl I have suggested. Bearing in mind all the altitude constraints required for crossing the Alps.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:44 am

OK - Thanks. I knew it would turn out to be my fault although, to be honest, when I completed the P3D form I thought I had waypoints. Perhaps not.

Thank goodness that's over! :roll: :)

Jphn

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:44 am
OK - Thanks. I knew it would turn out to be my fault although, to be honest, when I completed the P3D form I thought I had waypoints. Perhaps not.

Thank goodness that's over! :roll: :)

Jphn
You could try this fpl as well. It's a bit more realistic. Flight plan generating is a bit of a black art actually. The fpl programmes often get things wrong and often don't use the correct SIDs and STARs.
LSGG GG604 GG605 ODIKI ROCCA LURAG SRN MONTI LIPO
This uses the ROCCA 4Q departure from rwy 05 at Geneva. This SID is specific for flights direct from Geneva into Italian airspace. You are limited to be not above FL200. This SID allows you to climb all the way to FL200 so it is effectively the SID ceiling. Set GVA as the VOR as you need to be 8DME from GVA before turning right to the first wypt. Set the end of SID at ODIKI at FL160 and FL200 at ROCCA. This of course depends on your aircraft's performance. A VC10 will rocket to FL200.
MONTI at LIPO allows you to overfly the airport and turn back onto the active runway. You can discard MONTI for the PF3 fpl itself as it should vector you from SRN to the operational runway. NB for the arrival you should use OSKOR 1E make sure that you are at FL85 by LURAG and 5,000ft by SRN. Overfly the airport and when you get to MONTI execute a direct entry into the hold. Whilst turning descend to 4,000ft and then capture the ILS.
Easy stuff.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks Voloberista. I've taken a note of that and next time I'm flying in Europe I'll try it out. I'm back in America now, looking for the trees addons in my photoscenery. They look alright around the airports but seem a bit sparse elsewhere. Looks as if I'll have increase the P3D vegetation setting to 'Extremely Dense' and hope it doesn't result in OOM's. It shouldn't because agn is usually not as heavy on memory as bgl's.

Of course it could be Nuvecta have concentrated on the airports areas more than elsewhere because that's what you see the most.

So that's my job for today.

Thanks again for your help.

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: