OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Loss of ATC guidence after change of rwy

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Loss of ATC guidence after change of rwy
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:57 pm

I wanted to say that again tonight I during a flight I requested a different runway after receiving clearance for an approach.

I was given a clearance to approach via rwy 17 at ENBR, I proceded to requested rwy 35 and was told to "standbye well check" I never got a Yay or Nay so went for the 35 approach, only to be told to maintain fl030, I am guessing I was still expected to head for rwy 17. Sometimes receiving landing clearance after requesting another rwy is a game or Russian roulette! Did it clear me or didn't it? lets pull the trigger and find out :)

Logs attached

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(518.15 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Loss of ATC guidence after change of rwy
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 pm

This is currently worked on in the beta. Already fixed when using STARs, but not yet with vectoring.
(so the good news is, you are not alone with this issue)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:58 am

Thanks for the reply ThomasAH, Good to know it's being worked on. I'll look forward to the next update :)

Rob

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 am

Dave fixed it yesterday in the current beta 2.3.6, and another beta tester (Dan) just confirmed the fix.
I don't know about his release plans, but the state of the current beta is now very good, so I think a release will be sooner rather than later.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:10 am

Cool that's great news! :D

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 am

ThomasAH wrote: *  Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 am
Dave fixed it yesterday in the current beta 2.3.6, and another beta tester (Dan) just confirmed the fix.
I don't know about his release plans, but the state of the current beta is now very good, so I think a release will be sooner rather than later.
Does anyone know if the option to change the arrival gate before landing has been looked at. I do look silly taxiing around the airport looking for the alternate gate Fs Captain has sent me to. As the tgs still wants me to go to the assigned gate from pre flight planning. ( as it should......but....). :roll:
Regards to all the team and thanks for all the effort you put in to a great piece of software. keep up the good work. Steve.

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am

Rustydog wrote: *  Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 am
Does anyone know if the option to change the arrival gate before landing has been looked at. I do look silly taxiing around the airport looking for the alternate gate Fs Captain has sent me to. As the tgs still wants me to go to the assigned gate from pre flight planning. ( as it should......but....). :roll:
Regards to all the team and thanks for all the effort you put in to a great piece of software. keep up the good work. Steve.
It hasn't, it is not even on the wish list in the beta forum (but maybe on Dave's personal TODO list), but burried in the Feature Requests thread here.
I just created an entry on the wish list with the following text:
ThomasAH wrote: *  Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:16 am
From a post by Rustydog in the Feature Requests thread:
Quote:
Would it be possible to be able to change designated parking on the fly. I use FSCaptain and occasionally I am requested to change to an alternative parking spot. It would be nice to be able to change the designated parking at this time for PF3. Thanks. Steve.
For the UI:
Maybe similar to the current waypoint/runway selection. But as the list might be very long, splitting this into two questions might be helpful:
First select type of parking (just show those who are actually available on the airport, but ignore things like size, because people use small sizes in AFCADs to reserve parking spots):
1 (GA Ramp)
2 (GA Ramp Small)
3 (GA Ramp Medium)
4 (GA Ramp Large)
5 (Cargo Ramp)
6 (Mil Cargo Ramp)
7 (Mil Combat Ramp)
8 (Small Gate)
9 (Medium Gate)
10 (Heavy Gate)
11 (GA Dock)
12 (other)

Second select the aktual parking spot, e.g. cycle through Park1, Park2, (not Park3, as it has a different type), Park4 (not Park5-20 as they have a different type), Park21

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks for the response ThomasAH. Fingers crossed then for a future addition. ;)

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: