OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hotkey and add on issue with PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Hotkey and add on issue with PF3
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Wombat457 wrote: *  Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:51 pm
ThomasAH wrote: *  Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:53 am

Can you confirm the following?

- reboot your PC (should not be needed, just to make extra-sure that you have a defined setup)
- start FS9
- start a flight without PF3
- confirm that your other add-ons work fine
- start and connect PF3
- test if the other add-ons still work (and that PF3 works)

Please tell us if during any of these steps anything crashes.
Thomas,

Did what you suggested and:

FS9 + Addons worked without an issue
FS9 + Addons + PF3 failed as described but NO crashes as I understand a "crash".

The problem with the addons only happen when PF3 is in use/started.

My "load sequence" is as follows:

Active Sky Evolution
FSC 9
PF3 (opened not running)
FS9
(Flight loaded and plane at the gate)
PF3 started

Groundhandling and F1 view keys/operation works fine until PF3 is started. PF3 does work.

You suggested FSUIPC maybe running out of Hotkey slots. Would uninstalling the current (updated freeware version) FSUIPC and installing a new (older) paid version of FSUIPC help do you think?

Cheers,

wombat457
I would open PF3 last. Not necessarily to avoid any problems. But it does allow everything in the sim to be set-up correctly first. Particularly the weather. As for FSUIPC I don't know if there is any difference between the free and paid versions with regard to hotkey slots. I think there are 50 something available. But the paid for version is a much more powerful animal and you should get it.

The other point is that it would appear from what you have said that the demo version worked but the full didn't. There is no difference between the two in terms of default hotkeys. So something else must have been introduced into your system between running the demo and then the full version. It could be a corrupt FSUIPC.ini file perhaps. Or an add-on that you didn't notice. In fact you can try running the demo again and see what happens.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Dave,

You are correct, Groundhandling does not use hotkeys. I should elaborate I guess - what does not work is the "little arrow you get" for opening the ground handling window that opens and closes the ground handling window. It is as though it is not there or active. If I open the ground ground handling window before I start PF3 it works, I just can't close it again with PF3 running.

Thomas,

I have downloaded and installed my paid version of FSUIPC and installed that and you are also right, it made no difference.

One thing I have read is that if you have FSX and FS9 installed (as I used to) and uninstall FSX that can "screw up" (not my words) the FS9 files. Don't ask me how or why but does that sound right? If so, could that cause this issue, perhaps with FS9/FSUIPC and PF3?

Like you I am just fishing for "possible solutions". Right now, I am very tempted to completely uninstall FS9 and reinstall it under C:\ only and not in C:\Programs Files(x86) as has been recommended by Pete Dawson for FSUIPC.

Considering I have had messages regarding FSUIPC and other OC software, I am leaning toward it being the problem. I don't know, but this is frustrating.

wombat457

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 pm

vololiberista,

Running the demo again is a good idea. I'll try that for sure. Nothing was added or deleted between running the Demo and the Full versions so I am more inclined to lean toward FSUIPC at this point.

With that being said, could having both the Demo and Full versions installed cause a conflict? I can't see how it would bust as said, I too am fishing for possible answers.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Wombat457 wrote: *  Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm
Right now, I am very tempted to completely uninstall FS9 and reinstall it under C:\ only and not in C:\Programs Files(x86) as has been recommended by Pete Dawson for FSUIPC.
Yes, the Program Files (x86) folder has special security restrictions with Windows Vista and above. But I have no idea how the specific problem you see can be caused by this.
Installing both, the demo and full version, should be no problem, but I'm not sure if uninstalling one might damage the other, as PF3 (and the demo) install some components in C:\Windows.
So the safest bet might be:
- Deactivate the PF3 license
- Uninstall PF3
- Install the demo
- test test test
- Uninstall the demo
- Install PF3
- Activate PF3

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm
Site Admin

Wombat457 wrote: *  Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm
Dave,

You are correct, Groundhandling does not use hotkeys. I should elaborate I guess - what does not work is the "little arrow you get" for opening the ground handling window that opens and closes the ground handling window. It is as though it is not there or active. If I open the ground ground handling window before I start PF3 it works, I just can't close it again with PF3 running.

Thomas,

I have downloaded and installed my paid version of FSUIPC and installed that and you are also right, it made no difference.

One thing I have read is that if you have FSX and FS9 installed (as I used to) and uninstall FSX that can "screw up" (not my words) the FS9 files. Don't ask me how or why but does that sound right? If so, could that cause this issue, perhaps with FS9/FSUIPC and PF3?

Like you I am just fishing for "possible solutions". Right now, I am very tempted to completely uninstall FS9 and reinstall it under C:\ only and not in C:\Programs Files(x86) as has been recommended by Pete Dawson for FSUIPC.

Considering I have had messages regarding FSUIPC and other OC software, I am leaning toward it being the problem. I don't know, but this is frustrating.

wombat457
Well I hear what you're saying but PF3 simply doesn't do anything to FS that could stop a gauge working... in fact PF3 doesn't 'do' anything to FS, period.

I think my first port of call would be to remove FS from the C:\Program Files folder because installing older programs into that folder is known to cause a lot of problems. You shouldn't install PF3 into that location either!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding, have had a few "other issues here weather wise".

Okay, so this is what I have done after trying a few things that didn;t work. I know this is drastic BUT, there should now be absolutely NO conflicts of anything with anything:

1. Formatted my system and installed a CLEAN Windows 7 Pro
2. Installed FS9 in it's own hard drive

That's where I am at at the moment.

I will run the DEMO version with the complately default (no addons involved) FS9

If that works, as I suspct it will, I will add the aircraft I mostly use - SMS Overland Boeings. I will then add the Groundhandling followed by F1 View and test things between installs.

If the DEMO version works along with the Groundhandling, F1 View and FS9 default keys I will uninstall it and do a clean install of the FULL Version then test again.

I will install PF3 under C:\PF3 and NOT under C:\Program Files
I will run FS9 as an "Administrator" as well as PF3 - if that can be done or is also advised
I will reinstall my PAID version of FSUIPC and run as Administrator

How does that sound to you guys? Do you agree that by doing that, all and any conflicts (if any) should be eliminated?

Cheers,
wombat457

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 pm

I suggest not installing the demo, but directly use the full version.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Thomas,

Okay, I'll do that then as soon as I can F'n FSUIPC sorted out so FS9 doesn't keep telling me that I have 2 copies of it installed :(

Thanks,
wombat457

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 am

What a cruddy day I have had .... I am only just now trying to reinstall PF3 but am being told that my "Activation Code" is invalid.

Can I get another code so I can reinstall the program please.

Cheers,
wombat457

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 am

Wombat457 wrote: *  Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 am
What a cruddy day I have had .... I am only just now trying to reinstall PF3 but am being told that my "Activation Code" is invalid.
That's what I meant with "Deactivate the PF3 license" above (somewhere in the options).
And yes, I don't like that either.
Wombat457 wrote: *  Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 am
Can I get another code so I can reinstall the program please.
Quickest way is probably to email dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk so he can reset your activation.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 26 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: