OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Download of the installer?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
magnusartist
Post subject: Download of the installer?
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 am

Hello Dave, and Hello to the entire OnCourse team,

I had to reinstall my system, and in the process my PF3 Installation file was deleted. Is there a way to download a new installer without having to go through the (somewhat complicated) process of contacting MyCommerce support (because my old download link is expired)?

Is there any possibility that you host the installers here in the future, just for easier reinstallation of the product? :)

Thanks for answer.
Best regards

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Download of the installer?
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:46 am
Site Admin

magnusartist wrote: *  Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 am
Hello Dave, and Hello to the entire OnCourse team,

I had to reinstall my system, and in the process my PF3 Installation file was deleted. Is there a way to download a new installer without having to go through the (somewhat complicated) process of contacting MyCommerce support (because my old download link is expired)?

Is there any possibility that you host the installers here in the future, just for easier reinstallation of the product? :)

Thanks for answer.
Best regards
Well I don't mean to sound harsh but if you've deleted your installation file and don't have a backup then you are most certainly in somewhat of a predicament. If you only have a single copy of anything then you don't have a backup. Personally my backups are held on a NAS drive with mirrored HDs and which is housed in a separate building, plus they are replicated to a cloud drive.

We do not offer a backup service for PF3 and will not be providing a general download link. However, in this instance, if you would like to email me direct then I will see what I can do, but it may take a while and it will only be a temporary link so please ensure you make backups in case you should have problems in the future. Please include your activation code in the email.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
magnusartist
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:57 am

Thank you Dave, but I already contacted MyCommerce support and I am awaiting a new download link from them.
I wrote this topic only as a suggestion, as I believe that hosted installers from OnCourse might help to the people who get in the dull situations like me. But, I suppose you have good reasons why you are avoiding direct linking to the files.
Thanks again for offered help and very quick response.

Best regards, keep up good work!

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Well i'm similar to Dave M, I have my FS addons backed up to an External HD and CD/RW's 4.7 GB or 700 MB's disks,updated regulary when new installers come out.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
magnusartist
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Well, not doing a backup was obviously my own mistake, but Windows system crash was not something I expected to happen. I suppose that this will give me a lesson.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:52 pm

magnusartist wrote: *  Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 pm
Well, not doing a backup was obviously my own mistake, but Windows system crash was not something I expected to happen. I suppose that this will give me a lesson.
Put it down as part of your pilot training! They are taught the maxim "Expect the unexpected."

[ img ]

Profile Quote
magnusartist
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:58 am

Training accomplished! From now on, everything goes to external HDD. I'll even try to put a bits of my real life on it. :lol:
After a few days of exchanging emails with MyCommerce, I managed to get my installer back, and it's downloading now. :D
Thanks guys for an advice and support.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: