OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Voice Pack?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Bookiew
Post subject: Voice Pack?
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:14 pm

As a user of PF98 and PF2000 who still has his discs, I bought the standard update for the new PFE. I then bought the Voicepack with the intention of expanding my library. Mistakenly, I believed I would be able to use it. Turns out I have to have the Deluxe version in order to do so. Seems like a rip off to me. Any solutions to my dilemma?

Bookie Westbrook

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Voice pack?
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Before posting,why did you not log into this forum and ask questions or e-mail Dave March FIRST for an answer, then you wouldn't have felt let down.

If you purchased it from Aerosoft it says quite clearly that it is for the Deluxe version,in which case you will have to contact them if you want refunding,if they will refund you...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Bookiew
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:50 pm

I think I didn't make myself clear. It's not about the money for the voice-pack....it's that the voicepack is ONLY for the deluxe version. No respect is given for those who had their original discs after all this time and only needed the standard version of PFE. By making this stipulation it's tantamount to making folks buy the software three times.

I love the program and I use it every day. And before I posted I have visited here many times and many times found the answers I needed. My title for the post just came out and I decided to leave it there because it mirrored my true feelings.

I hope this adds some illumination to the topic.

Bookie Westbrook

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:37 pm
Site Admin

Bookie,

What message do you get when trying to install the voice pack?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Bookiew
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Dave,

Thanks for getting back. The process is different now. Seems to have installed but the program still has only the original voices. The options #1 shows xpack in use and is not changeable. I may have installed the voice updates in the wrong order.

I have also been trying to modify the subject lined for this post...it may have been too harsh.
Bookie

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Post subject: Re: Voice Pack?
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Quote:
I have also been trying to modify the subject lined for this post...it may have been too harsh.
I've changed the subject for you I hope you find it suitable.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Bookiew
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for the title change.

I suppose then, my question should be this...can U install the two extra voice packs, the commercial and the free on my PFE standard edition with all updates applied?

Bookie

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 am
Site Admin

Hi Bookie,

To the best of my knowledge, yes you can. I honestly can't remember (nothing unusual there) chatting with Aerosoft about ensuring only Deluxe edition users being able to install the voice packs... in fact I'm 99.99% certain I didn't! The two editions (Standard and Deluxe) are the same except of course the former does not include a copy of PF2000. This is why I was interested in the error message you received because if Aerosoft had placed any restriction on the installer with regard the PFE edition it should have been included in the warning message.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Bookiew
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Dave,

I'm getting on in years and my memory isn't what it used to be(LOL), but that being said, I think I got an error message when I first tried to install several months ago. Can't remember now. At this time it's showing the middle box checked in the voicepack section of the Options 1 page. I cannot change it and the program still only recognized the original sets.

Your answer above is encouraging in that it is possible to use the expanded packs. Should I just uninstall everything and start over again? I might have done something out of sequence.

Bookie

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:08 pm
Site Admin

After installing the voice pack did you start and stop PF2000 as the popup window suggested?

If the middle option of the options page is selected then PFE must be recognising the fact that the voice pack is installed. Please start FS, start PFE, Connect to FS, wait a few seconds then stop PFE and send me the debug_monitor.log file from the PFE\Logs folder

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: