OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Copilot stuck in engine start loop & ATC block

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Simmrx
Post subject: Copilot stuck in engine start loop & ATC block
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Hello

I'm new here, I have a problem with FDC(FSX) I'm using Vista & FSX. everything else works fine but after I load FDC and start my first engine, the program gets stuck in a loop playing the " One stable " file. No matter what I do it dosn't stop until I am airborne. This happens in EVERY AIRCRAFT be it addon or default. Please help.

Secondly I notice that some times the menu to respond to FSX ATC is not accessible never had that problem before with anything. I did not suspect FDC until I read just tonight somebody else on the internet with exactly the same problem and they were suspecting FDC is it really causing the problem?

Further more FDC is great program I never fly without it I used it in FS2004 and now again in FSX

Thanks

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Copilot stuck in engine start loop & ATC block
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 am

Hi,
i can only assume you are starting engines one at a time,ie: Number 1 then Number 2.
You need to start both engines at the same time CTRL+E combo,otherwise you get the looping.
Not sure about the second question,can you ellaborate a bit more please...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 am
Site Admin

You can turn the engine startup calls off as some thrid-party aircraft are subject to that issue.

With regard your second point I'm not sure what you mean by 'not accessible'. Do you mean the ATC window does not appear at all or it pops up and then you can't access the options. Either way FDC does not interact or access the ATC menu system at all. Wouldn't know how. Wish I did! ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Simmrx
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:28 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys. Question (1) I solved myself actually caused by a silly mistake but if one is thinking logically it can happen: Back in FS2004 I used to hold down the the starter buttens 1,2,3....etc respectively to start the engines(TAB+1 then TAB+2 etc{programmed in FSUIPC}then CTRL+SHFT+F3 to fire up the respective engine then directely releasing TAB + 1 ,2,3 etc. respectively works really fine ;) ). I hate using the mouse in FS.

Any way, I notice that in FSX pressing a starter butten once is enough instead of holding it down. Here is where my problem started with FDC(FSX): After pressing the starter switch once and the engine was started I needed to switch of the starter right after the engine started by pressing the starter switch again (toggle on/off).

FDC kept playing the "one stable file" of course because as far as i'ts concerned I'm repeatedly trying to start an already started engine :oops: :? Those co-pilots ai'nt crazy :)

Question (2) Sometimes at random ATC sends a message and in the menu there is no " Acknowledge" showing up So I can't respond. Can't press (1) to answer or (2) to ask ATC to repeat. It just dosn' t show up on the menu :? :? Never seen that before also not in FS2004.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:45 am
Site Admin

Re Q2, as I said before, FDC does not interact in any way shape or form with FS ATC and in particular the ATC menu. I don't actually think it's possible... certainly not with the tools I have available to me.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: