OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

When is 'X' is a 'check' mark?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
JohnY
Post subject: When is 'X' is a 'check' mark?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:02 pm

When a re-print of the manual is planned, may I suggest that it be made clearer whether leaving the little boxes blank means the item is active, or when it is an 'x'.

In Britain, if we vote for someone for something we invarioubly put an 'X' nest to the name we're voting for. However, for everything else 'x' means a multiplication or 'no'.

Additionally, would it be possible to enter the function of each hotkey in page 42 please?

John

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: When is 'X' is a 'check' mark?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:02 pm

JohnY wrote:
When a re-print of the manual is planned, may I suggest that it be made clearer whether leaving the little boxes blank means the item is active, or when it is an 'x'.

In Britain, if we vote for someone for something we invarioubly put an 'X' nest to the name we're voting for. However, for everything else 'x' means a multiplication or 'no'.

Additionally, would it be possible to enter the function of each hotkey in page 42 please?

John
I think you need to be more specific as what items are checked and unchecked are pretty clear to me.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:37 pm

JohnY wrote:

John
John,
you have just answered your own question.."voting" for someone, is the same as putting an "X" in a box to vote for it's use...it's a pretty universal mark to use.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 pm

You forget. I also said; 'However, for everything else 'x' means a multiplication or 'no'.'

I just feel it would be clearer for people coming to PF3 for the first time if the 'x' was a tick. Mind you, I do concede I can't find one on my keyboard so I suppose that answers the question.

So, I concede. :)

John

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:08 pm

JohnY wrote:
You forget. I also said; 'However, for everything else 'x' means a multiplication or 'no'.'

I just feel it would be clearer for people coming to PF3 for the first time if the 'x' was a tick. Mind you, I do concede I can't find one on my keyboard so I suppose that answers the question.

So, I concede. :)

John
Computer convention follows American rather than English I'm afraid. In English we use a tick which in American is called a check mark. Having said that the manuel is quite clear in that if something is checked it refers to a box that now has an x. The convention is that is a Yes rather than an empty unchecked box. So Dave follows the established convention which pretty much every other programme follows as well.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: