OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Last waypoint too close

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
mllgrennman
Post subject: Re: Last waypoint too close
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:54 am

If I make 2 my last waypoint i dont get vectors untill i fly over the airport...if i make 1 my last waypoint...i get brought down 400 miles too early...this is why i feel so strongly about PF3 not being waypoint dependent, and rather just use distance to destination...my intent is not to whine, but to share my experiences to make the product even better.. :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:29 am

mllgrennman wrote:
If I make 2 my last waypoint i dont get vectors untill i fly over the airport...if i make 1 my last waypoint...i get brought down 400 miles too early...this is why i feel so strongly about PF3 not being waypoint dependent, and rather just use distance to destination...my intent is not to whine, but to share my experiences to make the product even better.. :P

[ img ]
Your "image" doesn't show anything. What is your exact flightplan?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm having trouble posting images...can you suggest a good method?

I just did a 400 mile flight from the mainland to an island...the only waypoints available were at the dep and dest...the manner in which PF3 is currently built...it will not function properly as such...I did not get vectors until I reached the last waypoint...which in this case could only be at the airport itself...this is a core problem with PF3 as I mentioned in another post...this is the issue with being waypoint dependent...I have asked that descent profiles from ATC should be determined by DTA alone...regardless of waypoint.

I hope this can be resolved in the future by my suggestion or another.

I don't mean to be inflammatory, I just want more reliability before I set aside hours to do a simulation.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:45 pm

mllgrennman wrote:
I'm having trouble posting images...can you suggest a good method?

I just did a 400 mile flight from the mainland to an island...the only waypoints available were at the dep and dest...the manner in which PF3 is currently built...it will not function properly as such...I did not get vectors until I reached the last waypoint...which in this case could only be at the airport itself...this is a core problem with PF3 as I mentioned in another post...this is the issue with being waypoint dependent...I have asked that descent profiles from ATC should be determined by DTA alone...regardless of waypoint.

I hope this can be resolved in the future by my suggestion or another.

I don't mean to be inflammatory, I just want more reliability before I set aside hours to do a simulation.
Quote:
I just did a 400 mile flight from the mainland to an island
From where to where exactly? And was it IFR or VFR? If in reality there are no waypoints then it would have to be a VFR flight.
Quote:
I have asked that descent profiles from ATC should be determined by DTA alone...regardless of waypoint.
You keep saying that but for an IFR flight in the real world it's extremely rare. So that's not PF3's fault. If you are on a very short flight or island hopping a VFR flight would be more likely. But until you tell us exactly from where to where you are flying we can't begin to investigate.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:07 pm

You sold me!...My conclusions were wrong...This was a VFR flight and I guess I was not supposed to get vectors...I admit that I am ignorant about proper VFR procedures in PF3.

And I appreciate what you said about real world IFR procedures using waypoints...I think I might take back my complaints.

Thank you for giving this an honest listen, and helping me to enjoy the product even more.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: