OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 Hotkey slots

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 34 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Siriusf40
Post subject: PF3 Hotkey slots
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 pm

"Siriusf40" W10 laptop (Client), dual core 2GB RAM - W7 Ult. PC (Server), single core 2GB RAM (FSUIPC4 full edition + WideClient full)

I am having a lot of trouble with "Not enough Hotkey slots" When trying to connect to FSX. I can just get away with only using #1 & #6 with VCP mode 2 which is not very satisfactory, but it does work. Any more than 2 Hotkeys selected, and the program rejects and closes.

I have been through the PF3 and the PFE forums and have found no specific cure with the exception of one from Dave March who says that the program should be run as Administrator. I have followed all his instructions in that post (No UAC etc.) and still have the same problem. If I want to fly with no CP, I've had it.

Has anyone any ideas please?

I've added a zipped folder of all the log files.

Robin

Attachments
Logs.zip
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Regards,

Robin

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: PF3 Hotkey slots
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Closing and re-starting FS usually frees up hotkey slots. Try connecting after a re-start of FSX and see if that helps.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:50 pm
Site Admin

Hi Robin,

If you get the message 'not enough hotkeys' the very first time you try to connect to FS it is because one or more of your other addons are using FSUIPC hotkeys, of which there is a limit of 56 across all applications. Or does this message appear following another problem, if so what does that message say.

What other addons are you using that use hotkeys?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 pm

I have seen this in situations where an addon using these hotkey crashed and was started again, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Siriusf40
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Re-starting FSX makes no difference.

Dave, The hotkey message appears at first 'connect to FS'. No other problem seems to be occurring.

On the client laptop I have no programs running except for WideClient.

However, on the server PC, EZDOK camera, UT2 services, STB Data Server & FSPS FSX Booster 2013 all start at the same time as FSX. Of these, I suspect EZDOK of using the slots. Could this be correct? (I didn't realize that there were only 56 slots available on the system).

Regards,

Robin

Regards,

Robin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 am
Site Admin

As a test try running fs with no other add-ons and I think you will find it works okay. The maximum 56 slots are per system and not per client. If whichever app it is using fsuipc slots should surely provide options to configure hotkeys

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:16 am

Siriusf40 wrote:
However, on the server PC, EZDOK camera, UT2 services, STB Data Server & FSPS FSX Booster 2013
I use PF3, Ezdok Camera, UT2 and STB, too, but don't have this problem.
But I may have disabled some hotkeys for STB, I'm not sure right now, but as I run some other plugins, too, this should even out.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Siriusf40
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:55 am

Thanks,

I'll have a look at FSUIPC in more detail and have a look at the other add-ons as well.

I'll try Dave's suggestion first and see what happens.

Regards,

Robin

Regards,

Robin

Profile Quote
Siriusf40
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Well........I've tried all that - Am now running FSX (+FSUIPC) and no other Add-Ons or programs on the PC and PF3 (+WideClient) and no other programs on the laptop.

Still the same result. In fact I seem to be going backwards; I get 'not enough Hotkey slots' with just one key selected (#0). If I deselect that, I get 'Error Writing Hotkey Data' (unsurprisingly).

I seem to be the only one suffering this problem, so it occurs to me that I am doing something wrong, but what, I can't imagine.

I have had PFE running reasonably well on the PC before I started using the additional laptop. (The change was to relieve the PC CPU/RAM and also to have ATC voice separated from FSX sounds). PFE is also giving exactly the same problem now.

This is driving me mad. To re-start FSX takes on average 45 mins, so it's not a case of simply re-starting FSX every time.

Regards,

Robin

Regards,

Robin

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Siriusf40 wrote:
Well........I've tried all that - Am now running FSX (+FSUIPC) and no other Add-Ons or programs on the PC and PF3 (+WideClient) and no other programs on the laptop.

Still the same result. In fact I seem to be going backwards; I get 'not enough Hotkey slots' with just one key selected (#0). If I deselect that, I get 'Error Writing Hotkey Data' (unsurprisingly).

I seem to be the only one suffering this problem, so it occurs to me that I am doing something wrong, but what, I can't imagine.

I have had PFE running reasonably well on the PC before I started using the additional laptop. (The change was to relieve the PC CPU/RAM and also to have ATC voice separated from FSX sounds). PFE is also giving exactly the same problem now.

This is driving me mad. To re-start FSX takes on average 45 mins, so it's not a case of simply re-starting FSX every time.

Regards,

Robin
How come it takes you 45 minutes to start FSX? For me therein lies your problem. Either you have something in FSX that is taking up you hotkey spaces or something outside FSX. Save your fsx.cfg file and reload FSX allowing it to create a new one.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 34 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: