OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC Communications Log

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: ATC Communications Log
Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:24 am

Hi,

Sorry, but just wondering if there is any possibilty (maybe? perhaps? please?) of a small interim update to fix the fact that the ATC log window now stops updating once its slots are all full, (if you've managed to do that one yet, Dave)? I really miss having the log working..

All the best.

Martin :)

Profile Quote
drumsart
Post subject: Re: ATC Communications Log
Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:49 pm

martinlest wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, but just wondering if there is any possibilty (maybe? perhaps? please?) of a small interim update to fix the fact that the ATC log window now stops updating once its slots are all full, (if you've managed to do that one yet, Dave)? I really miss having the log working..

All the best.

Martin :)
+1 :)

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:17 pm

As mentioned elsewhere, an interim solution involves closing the log window and reopening it as needed using the "Say Again" request, which can be configured to open the log window only. The most recent ATC instructions then seem to be listed. It is not a fix but seems to provide a workaround until the issue is sorted and there is a maintenance release.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:24 pm

As I mentioned in reply, elsewhere, not much of a workaround for me, as using the 'Say Again' request always minimises my FS9 to the taskbar for some reason (Windows!). Anyway, just wondered, if Dave has already cracked this and is 'sitting on it' waiting for other fixes to make an update worthwhile, whether he would consider issuing the ATC log fix as an interim update.

Profile Quote
BF Bullpup
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed May 18, 2016 2:17 pm
As mentioned elsewhere, an interim solution involves closing the log window and reopening it as needed using the "Say Again" request, which can be configured to open the log window only. The most recent ATC instructions then seem to be listed. It is not a fix but seems to provide a workaround until the issue is sorted and there is a maintenance release.
I just started using PF3's ATC logs for the first time. I personally am fine with only 10 entries maximum as I feel it is realistic to not have a record of every single dialogue (at least on the pilot's end). In addition I only intend to use it in case I missed an ATC instruction from a few minutes back because sometimes those instructions go by too quickly and sometimes one after the another, so you can hear the another but not the one before it. The closing of the log to reset its 10-message limit tip is helpful, thank you for the old tip. I would love for a way for a scroll bar to appear on the right side when the window is resized, keeping the same size of the font and the 10-message limit. As things stand I need to leave it in a large size to be able to read the text, and if I shrink it the text shrinks and it can get very hard to read.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:11 pm
Site Admin

BF Bullpup wrote: *  Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:35 pm
Dan77 wrote: *  Wed May 18, 2016 2:17 pm
I just started using PF3's ATC logs for the first time. I personally am fine with only 10 entries maximum as I feel it is realistic to not have a record of every single dialogue (at least on the pilot's end). In addition I only intend to use it in case I missed an ATC instruction from a few minutes back because sometimes those instructions go by too quickly and sometimes one after the another, so you can hear the another but not the one before it. The closing of the log to reset its 10-message limit tip is helpful, thank you for the old tip. I would love for a way for a scroll bar to appear on the right side when the window is resized, keeping the same size of the font and the 10-message limit. As things stand I need to leave it in a large size to be able to read the text, and if I shrink it the text shrinks and it can get very hard to read.
The ATC log does NOT stop updated once all the display slots are full, all that happens is the first one in the list drops off to make room for the next. The window will always show the last 10 ATC messages to you.

With regard resizing the window you can set the option to keep the text at the same size... the option can be found under Options #2 and Advanced Options and Tweaks
[ attachment ]
2020-12-30_120619.jpg (28.73 KiB) Viewed 4449 times

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
BF Bullpup
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:49 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:11 pm
The ATC log does NOT stop updated once all the display slots are full, all that happens is the first one in the list drops off to make room for the next. The window will always show the last 10 ATC messages to you.

With regard resizing the window you can set the option to keep the text at the same size... the option can be found under Options #2 and Advanced Options and Tweaks
So that is what it was for! For some reason I thought it was for RemoteText but now I remember that the option is there because not everyone uses R.T. Thank you again Dave!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: