Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC slow responses/freezing Vista 64

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
darem
Post subject: FDC slow responses/freezing Vista 64
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 am

Hi,

I have a severe problem with FDC (latest version) in Vista64: When running through the checklists, it takes app. 20 seconds between the item readout and the response - on the standard C172. Tried compatibility mode and run as admin, nothing changes. I am using the latest registered version of FSUIPC.

Is there something I didn't consider?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: FDC slow responses/freezing Vista 64
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm
Site Admin

Sorry but this is not an FDC issue... I run FDC and PFE on Vista 64 all the time. There must be something, somewhere, causing this problem... what about sound card drivers? Are they up to date?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
darem
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Yes, they are. Realtek HD from September. Latest release.

It seems to be related to the hardware sound acceleration problem in your faq, but in Vista, you can't set or turn off hardware acceleration for sound. Everything else responds in a timely manner, it's only the checklists - so I doubt it is something that has to do with the soundcard.

It's just the checklists - I noticed that during those pauses Vista reports FDC as "not responding".

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Darem,

recreate your flightplan from scratch, and load the flightplan in FS, than retry FDC:
are you using other add-on's than FDC ?

hope this helps,

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
darem
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Ok, that didn't help, sorry. I noticed that during the long pauses the Disconnect FDC entry in the menu disappears, but this might be because FDC isn't responding.

About the addons running: Normally I run ASA and Follow Me as well as FSFK, but it doesn't matter. Even with nothing running the error occurs.

Profile Quote
darem
Post subject: Re: FDC slow responses/freezing Vista 64 - Solved
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:50 pm

It was a firewall/FSUIPC problem. Had to allow FDC to communicate through the firewall. Now everything is working just fine.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 pm
Site Admin

???????????????

That's a new one on me. FDC only checks for updates online (once) per day if you have it configured to do so, so I'm somewhat puzzled as to why you have to configure FDC for your firewall. Are you running it on a client PC?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
darem
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:36 pm

I have no idea, really.

I noticed that FDC wanted to install an older version of FSUIPC, but then discovered there is a newer on on the computer. Installation proceeded, then I got an error message, that FSUIPC doesn't reckognize FDC as trusted client and I would have to change settings in the IE (no idea why I was aked to change settings in IE - and no, I don't have a single bit of pirated software on my pc *g*).

Did that and in addition added FDC as trusted program into the firewall. Since then, everything works out nicely.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 am
Site Admin

FSUIPC doesn't recognise FDC as a trusted client? Gets stranger by the minute. Oh well, glad you have things up and running now and thanks for letting me know

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
darem
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Hm. It really seems to have something to do with FSUIPC. Because everything went fine until I installed Radar Contact today. The same problem resurfaced, both in FDC and Radar Contact - extremely long response times and loss of connection between FSX and the program.

Here's what i posted in the FSUIPC support forums:

Hi,

I have a problem that might be related to Radar Contact or FSUIPC, but I am not completely sure.

I installed FDC Live Cockpit V3.90 lately.
Installation went fine so far. FDC tried to install an old version of FSUIPC, but discovered the newer one (4.5.3.0) on my PC, so it didn't.
The next thing I get during installation (FSUIPC4 Installer for FSX) is a warning window saying: Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an untrusted publisher in Internet Explorer. Then I have to reconfirm my registration numbers and FDC is properly installed.

Now, FDC Live cockpit runs without problems but one: The checklists take ages to load, and during the checklists the menu entry in FSX disappears until the answer is spoken (takes up to 30 seconds instead of instant reply).

I managed to get this problem away (but don't know how, really, I allowed FDC to communicate through the firewall, then it was gone). But today I installed radar contact. It also tried to install a version of FSUIPC, discovered the newer one and then didn't install FSUIPC. This time, I didn't have the warning box.

But now Radar Contact and checklists in FDC are slow again. Radar Contact takes as long to react as the checklists from FDC do. Firewall settings do not help now.

OS is Vista 64, onboard Realtek HD audio sound.

Both FSUIPC and WideFS are latest versions, as are Radar Contact and FDC. I am totally at a loss here, what do you suggest that I do?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Bernhard

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: