OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Can not load PFE plan in FSX it is so frustrating

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
nwagtmustang
Post subject: Can not load PFE plan in FSX it is so frustrating
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I installed PFE and updated to the latest version 2.11. I create a flight plan using FSX. I then convert it to fs2000 using PFE and compile it. I then select the adv in PFE after I start up FSX. I then hit connect to FSX. After that I am completely lost. When I go to Flight planner in FSX I see to flight plans. I see KSEA-KPDX and I see PFE KSEA-KPDX. WHen I load the KSEA-KPDX there is no way for me to contact atc. WHen I try to load the PFE plan I can highlight it through FSX but there is no way for me to load it. Can you please tell me how to load the PFE plan into FSX and be able to concact ATC? I have uninstalled and installed this program numerous time. I loved PF2000 for fs 2000 but this emulator seems like it is more trouble than it is worth. I am still willing to give it a chance, but all I wanted was a program with ATC that would get me from a-b with ils vectors to the airport. Please help me

Former Northwest Airlines Flight Attendant.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Can not load PFE plan in FSX it is so frustrating
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi,
after you have installed PFE did you rebuild it's database as per the instructions and restarted your PC.
After that, then create your FP using the FSX planner and then click on the FSX/FS9 flight plan converter,but don't forget you need to check the box of the plan you are using,not highlight it and either convert it or adjust it,even when loading a plan from the Select New Adv button,the box must be checked,not highlighted.....
After you have clicked on the PF2K icon,select your FP from the dropdown box in Proflight and compile.
Now you should be able to load your plan,adjust the altitude accordingly and fly!!

Hope this helps

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
mtjoeng
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:47 pm

wasnt there something with not being able to handle FSX XML plans?
I create all my plans with FSBuild 'FS2004/FSX' compatible and have the same problems when I save them 'FSX XML'

mt

Asus P5K | Q9550 | 8800GT | Win7 64 Ult | 4GB | ACER AL2623W 25.5" | Samsung 214T 21.5" | Saitek Yoke /Rudder/3Quadrants | VRinsight MCP | MS Sidewinder FF 2 | Logitech G15 Keyboard| FSX SP2 | Acer 9813 20" Notebook | Vista32

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:29 pm
Site Admin

@ mtjoeng - PFE handles XML flight plans

@ nwagtmustang - please send me the debug_monitor files from your PFE\Logs folder

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dicko
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20
Dave, does this still apply?

Andrew Dixon

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm
Site Admin

Yes indeed, but the original poster is using the FSX flight planner and those XML files are handled okay.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dicko
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 am

Dave,
I only have FSX installed and to get PFE to work I have had to make a separate folder under Documents named Flight Simulator. When I export a FSBuild plan I check FS2004/FSX and FSX XML so one plan gets placed in each folder. When I convert the plan in PF2000 I change the source folder from .....\Flight Simulator X to .....\Flight Simulator. This seems to be the only way to have FSBuild plans exported into FSX and use PFE with those plans. Other addons source the FSX flightplan details from the Flight Simulator X folder which is where the FSX XML flight plan is placed.
One other thing how do you allocate a parking space with FSBuild so PFE will know which Gate you are parked at when giving clearance. FSCommander can allocate a parking gate to the plan.
Oh forgot, I use Vista 64.

Regards

Andrew Dixon

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:54 am
Site Admin

Hi Andrew,

Not sure if I'm following this correctly but if you're using FSBuild for FSX why not just export the FP as FS2004/FSX because FSX will read the plan no problem, as will PFE.

I don't use FSX but I do use FSBuild and obviously use the FS2004/FSX export which works just fine.

As for parking gates PFE knows where you are parked and doesn't have to be told by FSBuild or anything else ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dicko
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:07 pm

"Not sure if I'm following this correctly but if you're using FSBuild for FSX why not just export the FP as FS2004/FSX because FSX will read the plan no problem, as will PFE."

Hi Dave,
FSBuild looks for the Flight Simulator Folder under documents to place the FS2004/FSX plan into and when using FSX this folder is named Flight Simulator X
Because of this FSbuild is unable to export the fs2004/FSX plan. To fix this I have created a new folder Flight Simulator. So now under documents I now have a Flight Simulator Folder and a Flight Simulator X folder. If I wished to export a FSX (xml) flightplan this IS placed in the correct Flight Simulator X folder but PFE doesn't like to convert XML FSBuild flightplan files so I have come up with the two folders under documents. When I export a FSBuild plan I check FS2004/FSX and FSX XML so one plan gets placed in each folder.
If I wish to convert a flightplan I just change the source from either Flight Simulator to Flight Simulator X or vice versa.
This wouldn't be an issue if PFE could convert FSBuild xml flightplan files.
Does this make sense? I have spent a fair bit of time working out how I can use a FSBuild generated flightplan with PFE, PMDG, ASA and some other addons.

Andrew Dixon

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Hi Andrew,

So if you always use FSBuild then you simply point PFE to the FSBuild Export folder.... there shouldn't be any need to switch back and forth.

Also you don't need to keep selecting the Export To options in FSBuild if you add the options to the FSBuild2.CFG file.

Here's mine which I use to feed FS and FSCommander. Obviously PFE point to the FS9 files.

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=f:\fsims\fs2004
FS2004_PLN=c:\users\dave\documents\Flight Simulator Files
FSC_PLN=F:\FSIMS\FSBUILD\FSCOMMANDER_FLIGHT_PLANS

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: