OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC error message

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
smokin-thumz
Post subject: FDC error message
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:53 pm

HI i cant seem to get this to work correctly,i keep getting the error message"the aircraft selected in FS does not match the one selected in FDC because their flap detentes are different!the panel youre using in FS has 0 flap posistions but FDC is configured to use 8.please select another plane,or another configuration in FDC..............

this is on most planes, the fav i like is the boeing 737-800

it works on the cessena C172sp so i know i can set it up 80% anyone got the final 20% please

regards
lee
ps i have posted this on Aerosoft forums and have been suggested to try this one!!!!!!!!!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: FDC error message
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm
Site Admin

Are you saying it doesn't work with the default 737. Never heard that before... I'm unaware of ANY aircraft it doesn't work with!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
smokin-thumz
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Dave,
Firstly thanks for the reply,
i havent had the chance to check all the planes todate but the ones i have tried-all the boeings- default and new skins, come up with the error message in my post."The panel youre using in FS has 0 flap posistions but FDC is configured to use 8.please select another plane,or another configuration in FDC
The cessena works perfect,im just wondering ,reading into the error message how i would change the config settings for the flaps to 8

regards
lee
fsx running service pack 2 and FDC is fully updated.

Profile Quote
Ray Lunning
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:22 am

Its been a long time since I was involved in beta testing FDC...but I seem to remember that there is a relationship between the number of flap settings in FDC and the number in the aircraft.cfg file..
I think they need to be the same....

The aircraft.cfg file is in the aircraft folder...

I use FS2004 however I believe the same it true for FSX

Ray Lunning

Ray Lunning
PFE and FDC beta tester

Profile Quote
Baman
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello Lee,

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious; I assume you are loading a profile? If you do not load a profile to match the aircraft you plan to fly you will get this error message. FDC does not detect the aircraft you have loaded and then load the appropriate Profile.

Best

Dave (No not all PFE/FDC Beta testers are called Dave just in case you are wondering)

FDC/PFE Beta Tester

Profile Quote
smokin-thumz
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply,i guess Dave is a popular name LOL,Problem all sorted think i have D/loaded too many Paints,i just deleted them all and everthing works well.

thanks once again.
Im gonna post another about Ultimate terrain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

Profile Quote
tarek taher
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 am

Dear Sir..,
I appreciate all your efforts & helpful ….
I face a technical problem which I need your help if possible?
My problem is: Since I have FSX – Deluxe, Traffic X, recently a bought from Aerosoft add-on product named "Flight Deck Companion (FDC- new version)" ".
And when a try to defying one of the aircraft selected from "Traffic X – hunger" to FSX in order to connect with the new add-on product (FDC) there is a bug shown as follow:
The aircraft which selected not match with the (FDC) because "the panel you're using in FSX has (0 flap) position but FDC product is configured to use (5 flaps) position ".
Essential the (FDC) product has a facility to let the user add on his own aircraft he wishes by follow certain steps which I had done! However when a select a default aircraft from FSX its easy running with the (FDC) without any problem.
And when a search in the traffic X product regarding any configuration helping me to adjust (Flaps position) before sending the selected aircraft to FSX, I could not find it?
Please advice if there is any support from your side regarding this issue .if possible.
NB: note the position doesn't mean lower the flaps using a feature "F7" key in the PC keyboard
Many thanks,
Tarek Taher

Profile Quote
Baman
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Hello Tarek,

The reason you are getting this error is that you are trying to use an 'AI' (artifical intelligence) aircraft. Not all, but most AI aircraft are completely unflyable. This is because they have no panel.cfg. Some AI can be flown if they are designed to do so, I understand, but as I have not tried I do not know how well they fly.

AI are simply there to bring the simulator to life, providing realistic traffic at airports and in the air. Be warned however, AI is are one of, if not the largest, drain on the CPU.

I would summise that you are looking to try and fly a different aircraft from those available by default. If that is the case you will need to ensure you obtain one that can be flown. There are plenty of payware and freeware types available.

I hope this helps.

Best

Dave
FDC/PFE Beta Tester

Profile Quote
sammer80
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 pm

i have the the same flap problem when i wan't to start my pmdg md-11 and i don't know what to do

i choose airtcraft: not listed. and than press connect and then i get the error with the flaps?

sammer

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:00 pm

sammer80 wrote:
i have the the same flap problem when i wan't to start my pmdg md-11 and i don't know what to do

i choose airtcraft: not listed. and than press connect and then i get the error with the flaps?

sammer
download my profile for PMDG md 11 from our website of www.flightsim.com and search for FDC,it will bring up alot of files(mostly profiles by myself) and all should be well ;)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: