OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Remote text problem

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Remote text problem
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:09 pm

I have started to use Remote Text - useful for the less distinct voices, but I can't get ATC text to show up properly. I have tried all the options (probably!). I have set:

TX Options: Show TX's to/from YOU only
Show Your TX's to ATC

Timer is set at 30" and I have checked boxes 1 & 3, "ATC TX to YOU should remain on the display...." and "Remote Text window salways on top"

I have the programme installed onto the same PC as FS9 (I just used the local IP address - is that right?) and use a second monitor to view the window. It connects to PFE fine, but as I say, only shows my text, not ATC's. I tried a different background colour, in case that and the text colour were somehow the same, but no...

The only way to see ATC text is to choose to "show all ATC TXs...".... which is OK if the above is not going to work. The text highlighting doesn't work though - no text is ever highlighted.

And finally (no, not finished yet!), the text often disappears very fast from the window - it remains up just a few seconds, then the window goes black till the next text..

This is the ini file. Any suggestions ? I have, BTW, checked the Closed Caption option in PFE Options 1.

(Also using PFE_Display on the second monitor - no issues there so far!! :P )

Thanks, as ever...

Martin

[Config]
FirstRun=1
LeftPos=-8295
TopPos=10065
BackCol=0
TextCol=4259584
HBackCol=8388608
HTextCol=16711680
Font=Arial
FontSize=16
FontBold=True
FontItalic=False
Border=1
PFEServer=192.168.1.219
PFEPort=1008
AtcComs=1
OwnComs=1
MsgDelay=30
LastMsg=1
HighlightTX2U=1
AlwaysOnTop=1

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Remote text problem
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:29 pm

The correct I.P address can be obtained by checking your Internet Security or internet settings in windows...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:33 pm

.. or of course entering ipconfig into a cmd window, which is what I did.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:21 am
Site Admin

If it shows all com's it's working! If an individual setting isn't I need to check it out here which I will do hopefully later today. It sounds like a bug rather than an incorrect setting.

Sent using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi.. I have been testing this out and the past few days, I had the same problem. Today however, I have set the programme once again to show only contact between my a/c and ATC and for some hours all has worked really well.

The last ATC message stays on the screen until the next message, even if it is for several minutes, which is good, but not sure why it works like that (is that usual behaviour?). I set the message duration to 60" - if I try to set to more than 65", there is a run-time error (but that's OK in practice, as 1 minute is perfect).

Anyhow, for now, all is well. (Still some issues with PFE, but as they seem different every day - today instructions to AI a/c were delayed by at least two minutes, a/c asked to clear the runway long after they were on their way to the apron and a/c cleared to land after they had already arrived and taxied off the runway; leaving me waiting at the threshold for ages. But I dare say tomorrow all will be OK; that's the way PCs seem to work of course, not just PFE of course!).

Martin :)

Profile Quote
Heavy Metal
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:32 am

Hi.

When I try to run this and I have to provide the IP, which is the same one I am running PF3 on, it just says waiting for connection.

I have tried the correct internal LAN IP of my PC and also tried 127.0.0.1. I have also allowed the Windows firewall access for the internal network and disabled anti virus and run the tool as Admin.

No go.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:46 am

Heavy Metal wrote: *  Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:32 am
Hi.

When I try to run this and I have to provide the IP, which is the same one I am running PF3 on, it just says waiting for connection.

I have tried the correct internal LAN IP of my PC and also tried 127.0.0.1. I have also allowed the Windows firewall access for the internal network and disabled anti virus and run the tool as Admin.

No go.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Q: I've setup the RemoteText program correctly, with the IP address pointing to the pc where PFE is running, but it still doesn't work and just displays the message 'waiting to connect....'
A: This was an omission from the latest user guide. Please open your PF_Emulator.INI file from the main PFE folder and scroll down (near to the end) where you will find a section named [RemoteText]. The first entry in that section is RTActive=0 which you need to change to RTActive=1

Hope this helps

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Heavy Metal
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:49 am

Working now, cheers.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction: