OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Voices

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
gderreck
Post subject: Voices
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:22 am

Greetings

I did my first flight with PFE. I must say that it does most things right. Thank you. There are a couple of issues. Maybe with a fix...maybe not. Of course, I may just be doing it wrong.

-it seems I get taxi clearance almost immediately after getting clearance delivery. The taxi clearance is unsolicited
-there doesn't seem to be clearance for startup and pushback. I could have made that error in the flight options
-is there any way to slow down the voices when they are pronouncing numbers. Sometimes the numbers are too fast for me to make out
-PFE display shows the available keys; but not the next waypoints or frequencies on the bottom status bar

-remote text cannot find PFE. I let it try for 10 minutes. Both remote text and PFE are installed on a networked machine. I started PFE before
loading an adventure (could not connect). Loaded an adventure (could not connect). Connected to FSX (could not connect)

If any or all of this is explained in the manual, please just refer to that and I'll re-read. Thanks in advance for your guidance and help.

Graham

Profile Quote
sidneyschwartz
Post subject: Re: Voices
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:20 am

When PFE first loads click on Options #1. The next screen will let you choose options for how automated your communication with ATC are (Virtual Co-Pilot modes, upper left), and how pushback is handled (Push and start, lower right.) Some experimentation should get you the results you want.

As for the voice speeds, I don't think you can change that, except for speeding up the reading and readback of taxi instructions. Think of it as good practice for training your ears. If you listen to real atc, it's much worse. :lol:

Can't help you with remote text as I don't use it.

Profile Quote
gderreck
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:55 am

Thanks sydneyschwartz

I'll take a better look at the options pages.

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:59 am

Remote text is covered in the manual too, just remember you need to manually edit the PFE config file too to enable remote text. A search of the manual PDF or on the forum itself should find you the answer, it definitely has been asked and answered before.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:15 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
-it seems I get taxi clearance almost immediately after getting clearance delivery. The taxi clearance is unsolicited
-there doesn't seem to be clearance for startup and pushback. I could have made that error in the flight options
Please recreate then send me the debug_monitor.log file from your PFE\Logs folder
Quote:
-is there any way to slow down the voices when they are pronouncing numbers. Sometimes the numbers are too fast for me to make out
I think it's easier than in the real world :D
Quote:
-PFE display shows the available keys; but not the next waypoints or frequencies on the bottom status bar
If it's not showing that info I would assume it's not seeing WideFS?
Quote:
-remote text cannot find PFE. I let it try for 10 minutes. Both remote text and PFE are installed on a networked machine. I started PFE before
loading an adventure (could not connect). Loaded an adventure (could not connect). Connected to FSX (could not connect)
Please email your RemoteText.INI file

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
gderreck
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 am

Quote:
Please recreate then send me the debug_monitor.log file from your PFE\Logs folder
Will do
Quote:
I think it's easier than in the real world :D
I'll go with that :)
Quote:
If it's not showing that info I would assume it's not seeing WideFS?
My bad. Didn't realize I had to click and hold
Quote:
Please email your RemoteText.INI file
I've sent that off to you

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:33 am
Site Admin

Hi Graham,

I've been trying to reply to your last few emails but they keep bouncing back. Looking at the error message it would appear that my mail server has been blocked!

Anyway, here's the reply to your last emai;:-

I don't know anything about BGL files I'm afraid.

In the last log you sent the flight seemed okay to.... if you have any
TGS problems please include the TGS log files next time you have a problem.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: