OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Approach and atc not good

Post Reply   Page 7 of 8  [ 77 posts ]
Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
driver170
Post subject: Re: Approach and atc not good
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Andy one other thing, what altitude do you set for your last waypoint i have been putting in the ILS faf alt?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 pm

START> All Programs> Aerosoft> PFE> Commands, this will open a webpage with a list of the commands, there you will see where you can use the option Request Cleared To Final At Pilot's Discretion in the approach section, if you try to use it too early PFE will tell you its not possible yet.

Another better option is the use the program PFE-Displayer which shows you the key commands interactively. You will find the program inside the C:\...\Aerosoft\PFE\PFE_Displayer folder, just create a shortcut to PFE_Display.exe so you can start it easily, I have it pinned to my start menu along with PFE, Remote_Text and PF2000.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:28 pm

driver170 wrote:
Andy one other thing, what altitude do you set for your last waypoint i have been putting in the ILS faf alt?
I don't, I let PFE do it.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
driver170
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Andydigital wrote:
START> All Programs> Aerosoft> PFE> Commands, this will open a webpage with a list of the commands, there you will see where you can use the option Request Cleared To Final At Pilot's Discretion in the approach section, if you try to use it too early PFE will tell you its not possible yet.

Another better option is the use the program PFE-Displayer which shows you the key commands interactively. You will find the program inside the C:\...\Aerosoft\PFE\PFE_Displayer folder, just create a shortcut to PFE_Display.exe so you can start it easily, I have it pinned to my start menu along with PFE, Remote_Text and PF2000.

I got it from PFE website! Got all the commands printed out. I says its ideal to set the last waypoint to 4000?

So if you let pfe do it what alt do they descend you to then and how will they know?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:51 pm

A standard ILS approach is 3 degrees, I usually intercept at about 9 miles and 2800-3000 feet, but it depends on how close your FAF is. That's what charts are for though.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
driver170
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:51 pm

I had my FAF set at 12 and thought it was a bit far out i'll try 9 but i'll check my charts!

Profile Quote
driver170
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Failed to mention in the manual it doesn't describe what push and start at connect means? Connect what?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:05 pm

It means when you first connect PFE to FS with the Connect button you will be asked what type of clearance process you want to go through i.e. Push and Start, Start only, or none of the above.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
driver170
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Andydigital wrote:
It means when you first connect PFE to FS with the Connect button you will be asked what type of clearance process you want to go through i.e. Push and Start, Start only, or none of the above.

Ahh i see saves you disconnecting and changing it then?

You have the option when starting up for clearance?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Read the manual bud, its explained there along with everything else you have asked so far, lol. If you use the search function in your PDF reader you will find the relevant areas super quick, certainly quicker than asking questions on the forum.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 7 of 8  [ 77 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
Jump to: