Welcome to our Product Support Forums

new update

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Grzegorz
Post subject: new update
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Dave and sorry for my poor english
PFE was once one of the most treatable of programs for fs, but the last two years, we have nothing new, whether the product continues to evolve and new versions are planned?

Best regards
Grzegorz

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: new update
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Don't think anything new is on the horizon as yet.

I think Dave M is accumulating some things to do,but not 100% sure...don't quote me

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sawydz
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:25 pm

I can think of few modifications that would make life much easier, for example:

1. If I choose points for SID and STAR, there should be no more need for enabling terminal procedures in other menu of other window, another:

2. Program should have own (separated from PF2K) TOD calculator, currently I need mine to be set 3000fps for descend to get quite accurate TOD even if I plan to descend on 1800fps, and another one:

3. Program should connect to FSX more easily, take Aivla Soft EFB for example, simple and genius!! etc, etc... :)

I own program for quite some time and didn't see smallest update except for fix for corrupted installer, and there should be few, just place a "wish thread" in forums and I'm sure it will be filled with ideas. Flight is disaster for hc simmers and FSX (and Prepar3d) will be main platform for another few years, so investing some time in improvements may result in nice "climb" on your bank account :)

Just my 2 cents, best regards! Oh, and sorry for my English too :)

Grzegorz Galant EPGL

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Mine connects with FSX with no problems...what are you experiencing?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sawydz
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Mine connects well too (usually), problem starts later, PFE (or Windows) is trying to maximize FSX window automatically right after hitting connect (if this is PFE feature, it should be disabled), which leads to all kind of possible problems including CTD (extremely rare), especially with various complex addons. Usually I need to CTRL+ALT+DEL, start task manager and use "bring to front" option, sometimes few times. Aivla Soft Data Provider is trying to connect to FSX constantly so you can run it before running FSX and forget it, but I'm sure You know that :)
Earlier I wrote usually because sometimes PFE will not connect at all, and I need to minimize FSX again, and go through maximizing "hell" one more time :)
The way FSX behaves after minimizing is based on addons used, in my case maximizing FSX again is never easy process, maybe it works great with default Cessna, but not with all the stuff I have put into my sim :)

Grzegorz Galant EPGL

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Sawydz wrote:
Mine connects well too (usually), problem starts later, PFE (or Windows) is trying to maximize FSX window automatically right after hitting connect (if this is PFE feature, it should be disabled), which leads to all kind of possible problems including CTD (extremely rare), especially with various complex addons. Usually I need to CTRL+ALT+DEL, start task manager and use "bring to front" option, sometimes few times. Aivla Soft Data Provider is trying to connect to FSX constantly so you can run it before running FSX and forget it, but I'm sure You know that :)
Earlier I wrote usually because sometimes PFE will not connect at all, and I need to minimize FSX again, and go through maximizing "hell" one more time :)
The way FSX behaves after minimizing is based on addons used, in my case maximizing FSX again is never easy process, maybe it works great with default Cessna, but not with all the stuff I have put into my sim :)
PFE doesn't maximise FSX window..that could be something in Windows.
I usually start FSX in small window,connect PFE and then maximise to extent of graphics in FSX..(Large Window)
Do you need to run this other software Aivla Soft Data Provider...could this be causing some issues?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sawydz
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Nope, Aivla Soft app is not causing any problems (btw, if you're not familiar with their EFB, I highly recommend that you try it, works best when used on second PC, look here for free 30 day trial). I have issues with maximizing FSX window since I started using complex aircraft addons. By eliminating the need of minimizing FSX, life would be more much easier, not only for me. I have also tried all known ways to prevent apps from stealing window focus etc, with no avail, every attempt to connect PFE to FSX leads to black screen and my CTRL+ALT+DEL procedure, and I can't use windowed mode because of performance hit on my system...

Grzegorz Galant EPGL

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 am
Site Admin

As Dave L rightly said, PFE does NOT mess with the FSX window

Sent from my Smartphone

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sawydz
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 am

I never said it does, I just explained what happens in my system when minimizing FSX window, same things are happening in other folks systems, Dave is using windowed mode, I'm using CRT+ALT+DEL, and You could reprogram PFE so that it could be started before FSX, that would resolve this problem for everybody...

Grzegorz Galant EPGL

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm
Site Admin

Well I could probably do a lot of things but how could I program PFE to 'connect' to FSX (FSUIPC actually) BEFORE they're running... having an auto-connect is out of the question because they are some things you would not be able to adjust once FS is running if PFE connected automatically.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: