OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Airport Frequencies

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Les Parson
Post subject: Airport Frequencies
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Can someone explain (step-by-step) how to change/update/add airport radio frequencies?

Thanks,

Les Parson

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Post subject: Re: Airport Frequencies
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 am

Les Parson wrote:
Can someone explain (step-by-step) how to change/update/add airport radio frequencies?
Hi Les,

In most cases I'm pretty sure all you need to do is modify the frequencies in your A&F data files, doing this using AFCAD2, AFX or ADE is a breeze but I do not recommend using AFCAD2 as it can "break" files generated by other software.

Then regenerate the scenery database to use the new data.

The only frequencies that I think are "set in stone" by PFE are the ATIS channels but don't quote me on that.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Les Parson
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks. Can you tell me where the "A&F" files can be found? This is for AR51 in Nevada, USA. I've already used AFX to add NAVAIDS and add frequencies that has worked fine for FSX. For PFE, I used the MakeRunways program and the followed the PFE DB Update process. However, I can't get PFE to recognize the new frequencies.

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Les Parson wrote:
Thanks. Can you tell me where the "A&F" files can be found? This is for AR51 in Nevada, USA. I've already used AFX to add NAVAIDS and add frequencies that has worked fine for FSX. For PFE, I used the MakeRunways program and the followed the PFE DB Update process. However, I can't get PFE to recognize the new frequencies.
It sounds to me as if you have done all the right things, Les, but I'm a bit out of depth with FSX and hopefully somebody else with knowledge of that can confirm whether you or I have missed anything.

A&F files ("Airport & Facility Data") are the files like the one you created with AFX which would have been AFX_AR51.bgl or similar.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: