OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PFE Database

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Andydigital
Post subject: Re: PFE Database
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 pm

The exclude file needs to be in a folder with a lower priority than the folder where the AFCAD is, that is the problem.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:43 pm
Site Admin

Well Bernie all the high-end airports I have do not present any issues at all

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ray Lunning
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:13 am

To Dave and Andydigital: (wish you had a first name)

As I noted in this thread my KPVD Providence and KPDX Portland..fail to work with the TGS and MakeRunways.. I must have 30 hi-end payware airports and "ONLY" these two do not work... They are both by Flight Zone so I suspected the problem was there...

So I created a new KPDX-AF2 scenery folder with a Scenery sub-folder...I then cut the AF2_KPDX.bgl from the FlightZone KPDX scenery folder and added it to the KPDX-AF2\scenery folder.. I then added it to my FS2004 scenery library...
So now the AF2_KPDX.bgl is layered above any FlightZone exclude file...

I re-ran the PFE DB... Then selected a flight KPDX to KSEA... and guess what.??

The TGS functioned perfectly.....

It seems we have identified a problem with some sceneries and solved the problem...

Over and out...

Ray Lunning

Ray Lunning
PFE and FDC beta tester

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:19 am

Quote:
Andydigital: (wish you had a first name)
I do have a first name, look at the signature at the bottom of every post I make :D Here is a hint though Andydigital.

Glad the fix worked for you, this problem arises because either someone doesn't know what they are doing or they are using an incompatible compiler that doesn't write the delete fields properly, I think its more likely the former though. I also think renaming the excludes so that they appear before the airport AFCAD in windows explorer default view would have the same effect and creating a separate scenery folder of a higher priority.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Bernie
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:37 am

dmarch wrote:
Well Bernie all the high-end airports I have do not present any issues at all
Well maybe then some of these work OK and some not. Did you get anything from the file I sent - I assume this is the taxiway info.

Apart from getting rid of the exclude file in the A/soft EGLC, I don't know what else to do. This scenery does not seem to have an AF2 type file.

Bernie

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:50 am

Bernie please read the posts that have appeared since your last visit, we have already suggested a fix for scenery packages like this where the developer is not quite as good as they think they are, it has also been confirmed to fix another airport. I think you will be surprised and the fix will work. You also need to contact Aerosoft and let them know of their school boy error, they have applied too many of the delete options in the exclude file they have created for that airport, on one hand they create the relevant data and then on the other the exclude they created is deleting it again.

Just dont forget to rebuild the database after moving the airport AFCAD to a higher priority.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Ray Lunning
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Andy: Just joking about the first name... :D

Its very easy to create a new folder for the AF2_xxxx.bgl... It will allow me to put other AF2 files there if I need to...

I have had to create separate exclude files in the past when desiging scenery...

I hope Bernie tries this..

Ray Lunning
PFE and FDC beta tester

Profile Quote
Bernie
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:47 am

Andydigital wrote:
Bernie please read the posts that have appeared since your last visit, we have already suggested a fix for scenery packages like this where the developer is not quite as good as they think they are, it has also been confirmed to fix another airport. I think you will be surprised and the fix will work. You also need to contact Aerosoft and let them know of their school boy error, they have applied too many of the delete options in the exclude file they have created for that airport, on one hand they create the relevant data and then on the other the exclude they created is deleting it again.

Just dont forget to rebuild the database after moving the airport AFCAD to a higher priority.
Hello Andy

I cant really try the fix. As I mentioned earlier, in common with other A/soft sceneries, there doesn't seem to be an AFCAD/AF2 file in the scenery package. What I've done at the moment is to disable the exclude file - this allows the update process to work. The only thing missing now is the taxiway data I believe and Dave was looking at the t5 file I sent him a day or so ago.

Bernie

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:04 pm

There is one included according to the blurb on the product page.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ib ... wd,,D10968

Extensive AFCAD file which is wrong by the way as they have the aircraft parked nose in. You really do need to let these incompetents know that they have a problem, its such a school boy error its embarrassing. I'd have a look for you and even fix the AFCAD myself but I'm not doing anything to help Aerosoft fix the problem as I used to be on their BETA team until I had a falling out with them over a product they were trying to sell as new for FSX, when in fact it was an FS9 product just with a new installer.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Bernie
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Hello Andy

I know that's what they say, but I can't find the darned thing.

At the moment, I'm thinking of reverting to the default airport. I did some additions to this some time ago and in many ways it is better than the Aerosoft offering in which, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed.

I live very near to EGLC and I'll be there tomorrow to help celebrate its 21st birthday. Maybe as it's my favourite, I expect too much.

Bernie

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: