OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC SYNC

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
tunellbana
Post subject: FDC SYNC
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I would need some help with setting up the FDC properly, the call out speeds do not match especially in missions.

In missions you already have a copilot that is only calling out the speed and help you remember things “did you catch that captain?” So I taxi everything is fine FDC extends flaps for takeoff, go through all start procedures, when it’s time to takeoff it will call airspeed active, but then its calling V1, Rotate and V2 about 2-3 sec before the “Main Copilot for the mission”. This also happens during Free Flight with flight planner, since I know my speeds for that aircraft and it tells me to rotate about 20knots before takeoff speed for the 737-800.

Also during landings sometimes FDC will give me wrong flaps settings, and after landing it will also behave funny sometime, like retracting flaps while still on active etc.
Sometimes during landings is not aplying corecct flaps setting or it will override my setting.
Is there any help for how to match FDC with FSX so it gives me the correct readings and settings?

TY

MB

Profile Quote
tunellbana
Post subject: Re: FDC SYNC
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 pm

So if i fly a mission with will be something like this: FDC =V1, FDC= Rotate, "Main mission copilot" = V1, FDC = V2, Main cop = Rotate, Main cop = V2, the same in landings in mission the Mission cop tells you to set flaps 10 for ex, fdc confirms, flaps 10 but then it may retract my flaps back up.

In free flight it will call out speeds aprox 20knots before actual speed.

Also in 747-400 when it calls out descending altitude for landing it goes: 1000 - 500 approaching minimums, then 400, 300, 200, 100, 50 ,40 and nothing, while on all other aircrafts it goes all the way down to 10 and the second after I make touchdown.

TY
MB

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: FDC SYNC
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm
Site Admin

No you can't sync fdv with fsx missions.

As for the timing issues with callouts there are plenty of options available within fdc to fine tune such things

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: