OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Almost there - FDC working OK!

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Almost there - FDC working OK!
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks all for your patience, but almost everything seems to be working now (sighs of relief all round!!) and I have a backup of the FDC folder in case things ever go awry again. Still no idea why the Shift+Escape option disappears from time to time (been OK for the past 2 days), but with a backed up .ini file I can soon correct it..

Just a couple of questions still:

1. It is true that the 'One to Go' callout and the automatic reduction in climb to 1000'/min (nice touch that) works for some a/c and not for others. Why would that be? Is there anything editable in FDC or in the aircraft.cfg file that will make this option available to a/c that don't produce this callout? I have the callout option checked in FDC for all a/c of course.

2. I still sometimes get flaps coming down at approach way before what is indicated in that a/c's Performance file - for instance, on approach earlier I just got flaps going down to 30 degs at 210 KIAS, when the performance file clearly shows that at landing there should only be 5 degs of flaps at that speed, no matter what the weight. Any reason you can think of that FDC is ignoring the performance data? I do slow down gently and not all at once, as you suggested earlier Dave.

Amazing what a difference this programme makes to flying in FS - certainly worth all the time I have spent trying to get it right!

Martin

Profile Quote
toriu
Post subject: Re: Almost there - FDC working OK!
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Martin,

Check in the performance file editor for that aircraft and ensure the AP setting is set to MS Default

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi, I am a bit confused now as to what I should select at "autopilot type" for any particular a/c. I thought that any a/c that doesn't come with the 'out-of-the-box' FS9 setup would be 'third party'. Dave Leesley's video 'Creating a Profile for FDC" shows the statement "For all 3rd. party aircraft ... the Autopilot must be set accordingly.. using MS default may vause you to have problems".... Depends on how FDC is defining "MS default" and "3rd. Party" I suppose: I have searched for the phrase "autopilot type" in all the FDC pdf manuals and the chm help file, but drew a blank, so I am none the wiser.

Maybe someone could kindly explain which setting should be made there depending upon aircraft (e.g. Posky. PMDG, PSS etc. - those not 'third party'?).

Thanks!

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm
Site Admin

Use 'default' for all aircraft, if you have problems select third-party. You WILL need to select they later for PMDG aircraft.

The difference being, if a developer builds their auto pilot to use the same memory locations as the default fs aircraft and as per the ms sdk there's no issue. But, if they use different memory locations this can be a problem, especially if the developer refuses to release an sdk containing such info. Hence we use a third-party setting which simply skips reading those memory locations that have changed. This obviously means any ap functionality will not work

Hope that helps

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes that's clear. I'll adjust my performance files accordingly. Thank you,

M.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: