OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Another problem now - "Shift+Esc" not working

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
martinlest
Post subject: Re: Another problem now - "Shift+Esc" not working
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Extra Information: I tend to back up my FS files every day or two through a batch script, and I have a backup of the FDC folder I made when the Bypass, Shift+Esc was working. So I renamed my FDC folder FDCXXX and copied over the backup. In the backup copy I can bypass errors just fine, so the problem is definitely (no?) a file or setting somewhere within the FDC folder. Any ideas as to what it might be? One big clue is that in the non-working version there is no entry for Shift+Escape in Options/Hotkey Setup: when I run fdc.exe from the replacement backup folder, there is, so the problem probably stems from this??

M.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:46 pm
Site Admin

Martin, I wish I had am answer for you but I don't. If this kind of thing was happening to all fdc installations then the forum would be a very busy place. Fdc was first released about 9 years ago and I can't recall any changes being made to the interactive hot key sequences.

Are you using fdc profiles?
Are you using the same configuration each time? I.e. when the Shift + Esc key stops working do you check the hotkeys to ensure they are stoll active?
Are you using any other add ons that may also use fsuipc hotkeys and which maybe causing these issues? If you are do you follow the same start procedure got each program?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 pm

I haven't made my own profiles - I run fdc.exe and then choose Options/Select Aircraft. The FDC/Data folder has a lot of files I downloaded from Dave Leesley's link - it contains dat, def, pro, sco, uco files etc. The Data/User folder has my checklist files (each with ucl, ufs, uir and urp components). I choose an a/c and a checklist and that's it. I change the ATC files as needs be, but that's about all.

Sorry, not sure what configuration you are referring to in the 2nd. question. All I've noticed so far is that when Shift+Esc stops working that combination no longer appears in the Hotkey Setup section of FDC's Options menu.

I don't think I am using any other programmes that use FSUIPC hotkeys, but I wouldn't be 100% sure. What would likely 'culprits' be, i.e. other programmes that might be using the same hotkeys as FDC? My FSUIPC key file is:

ES154206.gau=UZ0Y8CYSGXIM
AISmooth=OZ8K07FQFBZJ
F16.gau=DSVTJE5S6DUO
A320.gau=VSB54OK5UVWN
A330.gau=T21S7RQ3EN2R
A340.gau=QZ690KOCYNLA
AFCAD=MVATF25ZOMJM
ActiGate.dll=EXLSAMKNYZNF
FSTflatten=2XCIPOUDUTU0
ActiveRadar.dll=5G3EUHFOBQE4
ERJ.gau=OFAF8RU6SVZL

I don't suppose the gau files would be implicated. Not sure what other programmes there use hotkeys??

BTW, when you have time I'd be grateful if you could continue to help me to get rid of duplicate flap calls - I just go into Flightdeck calls at the moment and uncheck the appropriate boxes, but I think you said I could do this via a profile? Can't see how though:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=665

Thanks!!

Martin ;)

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi,

you can save each aircraft in a profile via "save profile"

what I do is save each aircraft I regulary use as a profile, so if I want so fly another a/c I load another profile via "load profile"

the profile lets you save all your settings for a given aircraft, maybe that's your problem : you load an a/c but you don't look at all your settings:
you can save a profile with different settings and hotkeys, volume settings, checklist, performance ,etc....

in short : check your hotkeys if for example you load the MD-11 that you have the hotkeys set as you like
and check if you load the PDMG-737 that you have your hotkeys set as you like

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Thanks Patrick. Please see my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=665

I tried to save a profile (as MD-11) with all flightdeck calls checked apart from the flap calls, but it didn't work - or rather, it worked too well, because that shut off flap calls for all a/c: when I loaded a different a/c from the MD11, I got no flap calls. Am I working with the 'wrong' set of profiles? I assume 'profiles' are all the files in my FDC/data folder with a .pro extension (?). When I open Options and then choose 'Load Profile', I have a list of some two dozen or more - some or all downloaded from www.flightsim.com (can't recall if the default, 'clean' FDC installation has profiles, or which ones if so). Are those the ones I should be editing? If so, why did my MD11 profile seem to apply to all other a/c - I only got flap calls back by rechecking the appropriate boxes.

Hoping Dave M. (or someone) will give me a more detailed explanation of what to do - I ran out of options, as I mentioned in the other post.

Thanks for the reply,

****** Oh, and now (this is new in the last 2 minutes!!!), when I click on Options and choose "Select Aircraft" I get an error box - "Runtime Error 53 - File Not Found". This is getting beyond a joke!!! How many hours have I already spent trying to fix a programme that seems to break down every five minutes? Yet no one else seems to have a tenth of the problems I have. TOTAL FRUSTRATION !! ******

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Rebooted the PC and now I can get into 'Select Aircraft'. No idea what went wrong - guess I am just unlucky with FDC! :cry:

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Martin,
Quote:
I tried to save a profile (as MD-11) with all flightdeck calls checked apart from the flap calls, but it didn't work - or rather, it worked too well, because that shut off flap calls for all a/c: when I loaded a different a/c from the MD11, I got no flap calls. Am I working with the 'wrong' set of profiles? I assume 'profiles' are all the files in my FDC/data folder with a .pro extension (?). When I open Options and then choose 'Load Profile', I have a list of some two dozen or more - some or all downloaded from http://www.flightsim.com (can't recall if the default, 'clean' FDC installation has profiles, or which ones if so). Are those the ones I should be editing? If so, why did my MD11 profile seem to apply to all other a/c - I only got flap calls back by rechecking the appropriate boxes.
maybe you should read the FlightDeck Companion User's Guide.pdf in your FDC/Help directory page 44 "Profiles and how to use them" : you save a profile for MD11 with no flap calls that's ok, but for your other a/c you have to recheck the flap calls if you want them and save those a/c in a new profile.
In short look at the manual and you will understand what I mean.
Hope you can sort it out this way.

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Patrick - I did see that but there are only five lines (same as in the printed manual). Nothing there to help.. I originally thought that by creating a Profile for an MD11 I would not be transferring elements of that profile (like flap calls) to other a/c, but seems I am. I'll try out what you say and create profiles for all my other a/c too.

Thanks again for the input.

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 pm

I seem to be creating the profiles OK now - thanks for the info Patrick. Will fly with some of them tomorrow to see if they do what I think they will do!

M.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Dave M., for your information...

... as I was creating profiles bit by bit, I thought I would check to see if I still had the Shift+Escape option in Options/Hotkey Setup. No, it had gone again!! So I copied my backed up FDC.ini file from yesterday, overwriting the current one, and now I have the Shift+Esc option back in my Hotkey Setup list. No idea why the ini file keeps deleting the Hotkey information like this. Not sure if this gives you any clues ..

Martin

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: