OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Flaps during approach - something amiss

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Flaps during approach - something amiss
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Another post: I dare say that after a few weeks, my problems/questions will be fewer, but having only had FDC installed for 10 days or so, I am still on the learning curve at the moment!

This question is re. flaps during approach: I have IAS set to, say, 190-200 KIAS and at some stage (after capture of localizer) there'll be a call 'Flaps 1" or whatever. Fine, but the flap calls then just continue without any pause until after 30 seconds or so I am at full flaps (still at 190KIAs and not at the glidescope yet).

I looked at the a/c performance files, (most downloaded from Dave Leesley's "Profiles for your aircraft" post) but I don't see anything editable that will change this - I should be getting higher flap calls as I descend and decelerate, not all at once of course.

What do I do to fix this please?

Thanks.

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Flaps during approach - something amiss
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:20 pm

As i always put in my readme's....you can edit any part of the performance file if not entirely happy with it. ;)

Click-options on main screen-then performance editor-then edit file and scroll down to Boeing 767-300 (flaps5 or 15),open landing tab and amend figures and save it...

Are you reducing your speed very quickly from 230kts to 190 as a guess,if so FDC will try to keep up with you as per the speed settings in the profile..

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 am

Martin,
just to add....FDC works on figures based within the profile to activate the "trigger" ie flaps,gear etc.
You can edit these values to your own preference,or try another setup within the parameters of FDC...the choice is yours :)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:53 pm

OK, thank you Dave. Next time this happens (and the 'problem' is fresh in my memory) I'll edit some of the flap values and see what changes occur.

The more I use FDC the more impressed I am with the work that must have gone into it. Great programme! I would have one small request for a future update however: that one has the option to take over gear and flap control, but without losing all the other co-pilot functions. (As far as I can see, I can't regain control of gear/flaps without disabling the co-pilot, and therefore no checklist calls. Or am I wrong?).

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:28 pm
Site Admin

Hi Martin,
If during approach you need flaps sooner just hit the flap key, fdc won't mind and will carry on from where you left off. If gear goes up and flaps retract during approach it's because you're doing something wrong and fdc assumes you're going around. At that point you could get back into the correct landing profile and manually lower the gear and set your flaps and fdc ' should' then go back into landing mode.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: