OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

"Start the Clock"

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: "Start the Clock"
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 pm

When I start up FDC I get an announcement in FS (with a PMDG 737) 'Start the Clock' and a female voice then counts down every ten seconds. I don't even know what the countdown is to ..

I have used the Adobe Reader search to find the word 'clock' in the FDC manual and user guide pdf files, but can only find the reference to the actual sound file in Appendix 3. I searched the forums here using keyword 'clock' - only one post came up (not relevant). I googled the question - but to no avail..

So I don't know either what this countdown is every 10 seconds, or (more importantly!) how to turn it off - can't find a reference to it in FDC 'Options', though I may have missed it. Can someone please enlighten me, I've done everything I can think of to find an answer for myself: I certainly can't use FDC with this oral countdown switched on.

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: "Start the Clock"
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:34 pm
Site Admin

Hi Martin,
I'm nowhere near my pc now but I would guess this is an hotkey issue. Please check the default hotkeys list from within the program and you will find one that is used to start the stop watch, although I'm surprised this could be activated whilst on the ground because it would normally be used for precision turns etc

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: "Start the Clock"
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Yes, a hotkey issue as you said. I have disabled this (it does begin the countdown on the ground). Thanks.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: