OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Error 429 ActiveX component

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
jb81868
Post subject: Error 429 ActiveX component
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi, I own FDC 2.1 and 3.5, both work great in my WinXP FS9 machine. However, I recently upgraded to a new Win 7 32-bit machine where I installed FS9 and FSX. I tried installing both FDC versions and none work, then I saw you released FDC 2011 which supposedly works with Win 7. I installed it following all recommendations here in the forum, running as admin, installing it outside Program Files, etc, etc.

FDC 2011 starts normally and runs ok, the problem starts when I try to connect to FS9, then all I get is:

Error: 429 - ActiveX component can't create object in 'SetupDirectSound' routine

The program then shuts down. I read most of the forum comments here and on the web, but nothing works. I tried reinstalling FDC to no avail. I have PMDG, Wilco, Level-D, Captain Sim and many other addon aircraft installed. Can you please help???

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Error 429 ActiveX component
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:54 pm
Site Admin

That is definitely a bad installation.... so something is preventing it completing correctly.

Incidentally, FDC 3.14 works fine in Win 7 and is a free update for those with version 3+ so you had no need to purchase again.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jb81868
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Do you have a solution? I tried re installing it several times, I even followed the Run as Admin modifications to the shortcut, ran the PFE_V312_System.exe and Sysinfo_inst.exe as suggested but when trying to connect to FS9, it still gives me the Error 429. Please, as you indicated, I have paid for this software even when I didn't have to, I gotta make it work.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:31 am

Hi,
suggest you remove FDC completely using control panel,and delete any files and folders which are left behind.
i don't know where you install it,but suggest using a different drive rather than c:\Program files etc...
Run a registry checker and turn off AV and firewall and internet connection...
Re-install FDC,then run the cumulative update(download it and save to your HD before turning off the above)
I can assure you FDC runs on XP,Win 7-32 and 64bit O/S as i have used all 3 with no problems :)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
ksnede
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 am

Dave Leesley wrote:
Hi,
suggest you remove FDC completely using control panel,and delete any files and folders which are left behind.
i don't know where you install it,but suggest using a different drive rather than c:\Program files etc...
Run a registry checker and turn off AV and firewall and internet connection...
Re-install FDC,then run the cumulative update(download it and save to your HD before turning off the above)
I can assure you FDC runs on XP,Win 7-32 and 64bit O/S as i have used all 3 with no problems :)

What was the solution, as I got the same problem on a first time install on a new PC, worked fine on my old Win 7 PC

Kim

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 am
Site Admin

Hi Kim,

Download and instal the latest cumulative updates package and when doing so please ensure you stop all other programs, especially your anti virus and any other security type programs you might have

Sent from my Smartphone

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: