Dave March
Post subject: Re: No descent instructions
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Site Admin

The cumulative update should get you to 2.14

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Formula
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Ok, after a re-install with all anti-virus disabled everyting appears to be working properly. If I notice any problems on later flights I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks for the help Dave.

Bryan Lee

Profile Quote
Daveo
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:52 am

Formula wrote:
Hi, I'm having a few issues with PFE.

1. When I reach the departure runway and switch over to the tower frequency I can hear the pilot ask for take-off clearance but more often than not I never hear back from the tower to position and hold or get cleared for take-off. I usually just take-off anyways and then get switched to departure and everything works fine from there until the next problem occurs...

2. I usually won't, but sometimes do, get instructions from center to begin descent with a STAR in use. I usually have to begin the descent regardless at 80 miles out and then ATC complains and tells me to maintain my planned FL until I get switched over to approach. Like I said, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I am using ver. 2.14 with FSX SP2. All waypoint and altitude data entered and start of STAR set. One thing I thought might cause this is perhaps if the last changeable waypoint has the same cruise altitude as your planned FL and PFE isnt recognizing a descent is needed? Also I use CP mode2(Co-pilot handles all comms).
Any help with these issues is appreciated.

Thanks, Bryan.

Windows 7 64
AMD 965 BE Quad Core @ 3.4 Ghz
Gigabyte 790XT-A UD4 Motherboard
Dual 5770's in CrossfireX
8 gigs ADATA Gaming RAM
Asetek 120 MM liquid CPU cooler
2 WD Black 320 MB HD's in RAID 0
1000W Power Supply
AZZA Solano Full Tower Case
If you lower your average descent rate to about 2500fpm or so in the AC specs before you compile your flight plan you will get descent instructions a little earlier at pilots discretion.

As for the long delay in takeoff clearance, and other various replys or instructions I bump up PFE's program priority in task manager to above normal.

Dave Opper
ESSB-Stockholm, Sweden
[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Daveo
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:08 am

Actually I noticed now the only time I don't get descent instructions is after changing my cruise altitude enroute. Even after changing back to the planned altitude. I can fly the exact same flight without changing my cruise FL and descent instructions are fine.

Dave Opper
ESSB-Stockholm, Sweden
[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:35 pm

I have also had problems. I use "easy atc" and "dp active" settings but I still have to manually increase and decrease my altitude, and invariably it doesn't work. I didn't have this problem pre 2.14. I've emailed you Dave with my debug monitor. Thanks.

Profile Quote
Daveo
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:58 am

I've also noticed no descent instructions after resuming a flight either. :(

Dave Opper
ESSB-Stockholm, Sweden
[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:41 am

It seems when you request a higher altitude midflight that stops any descent instructions later...so I have to do L+3 etc to start a descent and as I'm descending request vectors using "7". This then leads to automatic descent and approach instructions again, usually around 20,000.

Profile Quote
s0436
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 pm

I just did a flight and got all instructions from departure to arrival, what I did was have 3 VOR waypoints spaced out through the flightplan.

Profile Quote
Fantrainer
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:44 am

Hi all, yes, I can confirm I can´t avoid the same issue. The problem appears, I've experienced, only when you I change the altitud or FL, I resume a previous flight or I request a "direct to" permission. In this cases I don´t recieve any descent instruction until I reach a low altitud (after continious lower descent requests), near to contact with approach. Once you recieve from control the information about the type of approach and the runway in use all come back to work properly)
Unfortunately some time ago I made the same question but I haven´t recieve any answer. At least I see I´m not the only user with this problem.
I´ve tried to check all the items and solutions suggested (version, reinstallation, etc) except the last post of s0436 (3 vor in FP) but I Think any of them solves the problem.
Thanks
Regards

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: