OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Very Late Descent into Milan Malpensa

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Perch8808
Post subject: Re: Very Late Descent into Milan Malpensa
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:21 pm

What works for me to create a flightplan in LNM:

1) the first flight plan waypoint is the last waypoint in the SID. IE I do not load the SID or STAR in LNM.

2) the last waypoint in the flightplan is the first waypoint in the STAR.

3) In LNM choose "export flight plan to MSFS"

4) load MSFS, open world map/flightplanner page, go to the bottom of the page and select "More" and "Load/Save"

5) select ""load from PC", go to flight plans folder, load the flight plan

6) review the flight plan, sometimes MSFS will insert a SID or STAR, if it does remove it.

7) select a parking spot on the drop down menu if desired

8) click fly

9) the FMS should have the flight plan loaded, now is the time to add the SID and STAR.

10) if you're using PF3 load the FP, go to FP adjustment page and "set END of SID" (this is the first waypoint in your LNM flightplan) and "set START of STAR" (this is the last waypoint in your LNM flight plan) , then "recheck waypoint integrity", "save/use current changes."

11) go to SIDs/STARs page, type in destination airport and set the FAF

12) connect to FS

13) go flying!

I generally don't set any altitudes in LNM or PF3 other than the FAF altitude. It might throw off the TOD slightly but usually not a big issue. This procedure works well with the Cessna Longitude, the plane I fly most of the time.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: