OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 not updating Database correctly?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
SkyCamel
Post subject: PF3 not updating Database correctly?
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:19 am

The other day I had a flight to LKPR and PF3 directed me to RWY12 although my flightplan had RWY24, so far no problem, happens.
However, RWY 12/30 are closed for landing and takeoff so I thought maybe I didn't update the DB correctly.
When I checked I found that RWY12/30 are marked closed in the makerwy are use.
Any reason why that would not reflect in the PF3 DB (see screenshot attached.)
Cheers,
Luc

Attachments
PF3_DB.zip
(48.11 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 not updating Database correctly?
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:33 am
Site Admin

You need to mark them closed in PF3, whereas you still have them marked as being used for both takeoff and landing.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:31 pm

I know you can close them, I actually did close 25L of EBBR for takeoff as there's no taxiway to the beginning of the runway and AI always messes up there.
But what are you saying, PF3 doesn't read this information from the makerwys I generated?
How can I go and manually close all runways in PF3 which are closed in MSFS, that's virtually impossible.
You can hardly expect that before every flight we check if a runway is closed or not. that's why we make flight plans with up to date navdata.
Of course if PF3 then changes the arrival runway to a closed one that's not realistic.
BTW, in the case of the flight to LKPR, AI was landing on 24 so must have been weather that made PF3 to change to 12?
Cheers

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:57 pm
Site Admin

SkyCamel wrote: *  Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:31 pm
I know you can close them, I actually did close 25L of EBBR for takeoff as there's no taxiway to the beginning of the runway and AI always messes up there.
But what are you saying, PF3 doesn't read this information from the makerwys I generated?
How can I go and manually close all runways in PF3 which are closed in MSFS, that's virtually impossible.
You can hardly expect that before every flight we check if a runway is closed or not. that's why we make flight plans with up to date navdata.
Of course if PF3 then changes the arrival runway to a closed one that's not realistic.
BTW, in the case of the flight to LKPR, AI was landing on 24 so must have been weather that made PF3 to change to 12?
Cheers
Quote:
Correct... there's only 1600 of them... I'll see what I can do going forward
Quote:
Well I didn't see the log but if PF3 can't detect SAI landing/taking off then yes, it uses the wind direction to assign a runway.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: