OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Weird Arriaval - change of runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
A320Flyer
Post subject: Weird Arriaval - change of runway
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:31 pm

A weird one tonight with latest beta 3.21.75:
Flight from EGNM to EIDW. Cleared by Dublin Approach for the ILS 28L. Captured the Localiser at 3000ft and was instructed to descend with ILS and contact Tower when established. Immediately instructed to maintain present heading (285 deg) and expect vectors for ILS 10R. Well, after dodging several aircraft taking off from 10R, no vectors were ever received, even after recontacting Approach. I eventually went my own way, carried out a procedure turn and captured the Localiser for 10R. Only then, did my VCP contact Tower and I was given clearance to land. Winds were something like 285@30kts so 28L was the correct runway. AI aircraft landing 10R. Logs attached.
Bill
Logs.zip
(926.41 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Weird Arriaval - change of runway
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:05 pm
Site Admin

Wow! This was certainly a weird one to say the least. Why on earth was AI landing on rwy 10 with the winds at 280? Either way there's no way you should get a runway change after being cleared for the ILS. That's now been fixed and ready for the next beta

Thanks for reporting

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: