OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Distance to place last waypoint for a vectored approach.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Perch8808
Post subject: Distance to place last waypoint for a vectored approach.
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:16 pm

I'm enjoying this program very much. If I am flying a business jet towards my destination airport what is a good distance to place the last waypoint from the airport if I selected "No STAR" and want vectors to the final approach?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Distance to place last waypoint for a vectored approach.
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:54 pm

The last waypoint should be 20-50 miles from the destination airport. Anything in this range should work. When flying in Europe you can usually achieve this by leaving the STAR out of the flight plan. In the U.S. and Canada the STARs are much longer and you will probably need to include some of the STAR waypoints or your last waypoint will be too far out. In rare cases (remote areas) you may need to use your flight planner to create a user waypoint to use as your last waypoint.

If you want vectors after the last waypoint, before connecting PF3 be sure the STARs box at the bottom of the SIDs/STARs page is not checked. If the box is checked you will not get vectors after the last waypoint, but will be cleared to complete the approach to the assigned runway on your own.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Perch8808
Post subject: Re: Distance to place last waypoint for a vectored approach.
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:57 am

Thanks Dan.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: