OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No sound?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: No sound?
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:14 pm

As Dave M is only too painfully aware (he has very kindly been helping me all day) - I tried to move my X-Plane from Windows 10 to Windows 11. A disaster on many levels (which I don't need to bore folks with). Suffice it to say that by the time I had decided to return to Windows 10, and fixed all the issues I found back there (again, no need to explain!), I have easily spent ten or more hours working on PF3. Partly a labour a love, but only partly!

I am almost back to where I was, but I have two issues remaining:

1. I have no sounds in PF3. When I press one of the Hotkey combinations - no response. This was working fine a couple of days ago. The hotkeys are correct (the default ones clash with other keyboard shortcuts in X-Plane) - they are the ones I've used for years! So, when I press Shift+0, or Ctrl+Shift+V, for example, why does nothing happen? Can anyone please advise, from the log?

2. I can no longer install from the downloaded beta updates (at least not the 3.21.5). When I double click on the file, I get an error window. But DaveM is only too aware of this already and is (i think) puzzling over it with a view to coming up with a solution. I only mention it here in case anyone else has seen this before and has any ideas.

How I now wish I'd just left things alone and forgotten all about Windows 11. I should know by now that if anything can go wrong with my PCs, it will...

Thank you. :-)
[ attachment ]
grab_006.jpg (13.63 KiB) Viewed 5609 times

Last edited by martinlest on Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: No sound?
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:16 pm

I wasn't allowed to attach the debug log. I'll try again as a reply...

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(17.24 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:18 am

Insofar as the first issue is concerned, it's OK, the sound is working now. I had assumed, since I had enabled the option 'Auto tune to initial facility' that the radio was set to the required clearance frequency at startup, but at least when I tried again just now, it wasn't - it was set to radio (122.20) instead of Tower. I unchecked the option box and checked it again. Not sure if that did anything, but I am getting the ATC responses fine now.

Thanks anyway?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:23 am
Site Admin

Martin,

In the log file you attached it shows you didn't have the master avionics turned on, which is why there was no sound. If you don't want PF3 to check that you can select 'Ignore Avionics Switch' in Options #2, Advanced Options and Tweaks

The beta download is NOT an installer, it is the main PF3.exe file which you simply copy into your main PF3 folder (after making a copy of your existing one of course ;-) ). Sorry I didn't think of that before, but it was a couple of things you mentioned in your post got me thinking. Sure enough if I try to run PF3.exe from my desktop I get the same error as you... suffice to say I will be adding a popup screen in the next release :-)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:42 pm

Quote:
The beta download is NOT an installer, it is the main PF3.exe file which you simply copy into your main PF3 folder :-)
:D :D :D Of course, that makes sense now!!! In fact, I was going to ask you if you could just send me the main PF3.exe file instead - I still had in my mind that the beta exe file was a setup one, like the cumulative updates not the programme executable.

Thank you so much, once again, for all the help you've given me over the past couple of days. With my Windows 11 installation going pear-shaped in the way I explained (reverting to Windows 10 feels like 'coming home!), your support for my PF3 installation has been much appreciated!

I'll try not to intrude on your Sunday, haha. Enjoy!

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:04 pm
Site Admin

No problem

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: