OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VCP not contacting tower on approach

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: VCP not contacting tower on approach
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:47 pm

Hi. I have suddenly started encountering an issue I haven't had for a long time.. It isn't every flight, but over the past few weeks it has happened a number of times (so not a 'one off'). The log will show this problem on my most recent flight (into UWWW).

The issue is that, on approach, ATC tells me to 'contact tower on XXX.XXX when established', as usual. In Mode 2 (which I what I am in!), this contact with the tower happens automatically. But sometimes, it doesn't - there's no contact by the VCP, and ATC has to do a rapid 'catch up' once PF3 realises I am on the ground.

Can any reason for this be seen in the log?

Not sure if I have the latest version of PF3, but I was sticking with this one as the most 'fully working' in X-Plane 11 (VCP changes the squawk code), and as I say, in this version of PF3, the problem only resurfaced after several months of my not having seen it (so no idea why all of a sudden...).

Thanks,

Martin
debug_monitor.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: VCP not contacting tower on approach
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:19 am

Which runway did you land on? You were cleared for approach to runway 33:

07-Aug-23 10:14:45 PM: 410 - Transcript: 'Russia 7445 Romeo at Whiskey Whiskey 495 Descend 2 thousand 5 hundred Cleared to final for Sierra Tango Approach runway 33 when ready Contact Tower on 118.2 when established. '

It doesn't look like you requested a runway change, but at the time you touched down your heading was 049, so I have to assume you landed on 05. Even if you are flying an approach at pilot's discretion PF3 expects you to land on the assigned runway, so if you want a different runway you should request it in the usual way (Ctrl/Shft/W).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: VCP not contacting tower on approach
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:46 am

Hi.. Thanks for looking at the log Dan. I noticed today in fact that I had forgotten to set my preferred landing runway in PF3 (yes, to Rwy 05) prior to flying, - as I fly in VR only, it's awkward to see the options on the PC monitor when you request a runway change, so I always fix it in advance (or nearly always, it seems!), so came here half-expecting such a reply ;) I suppose I did the same thing on the previous occasions where this happened recently.

So, my mistake, sorry. Thanks again!

M.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: