OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Interplay between -- Honeycomb Alpha / MCE / PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
ibomiles
Post subject: Interplay between -- Honeycomb Alpha / MCE / PF3
Posted: Fri May 19, 2023 5:54 am

KAVL-KATL -- FLIGHT FAILED

PF3 & MCE for MSFS2020 are both very immersive products and I use them with every flight. However, getting these programs to work seamlessly is a major uphill challenge. It would be great if you folks could make this easier for us. Current documentation is not good enough. Although i have a registered copy of FSUIPC7 installed, I'm unaware if it can solve some of my problems listed below.

Using Honeycomb Alpha (HA) flight yoke, I assigned ATC to the unused [HA PTT btn 4]. Contacting GROUND is great. But when reaching the assigned runway and I tune TOWER for takeoff clearance by pressing [HA PTT btn 4], PF3 does STUPID STUFF switching the comm1 freq to ATIS repeatedly. In order to get TOWER to respomd, I can't use [HA PTT btn 4] here. Instead I have to press hotkey 6. This is terrible and destroys the immersion totally.

On approach at the destination airport, the same STUPID STUFF happens. When I try to contact TOWER w/ [HA PTT btn 4], PF3 switches the freq to some random 135.375. Really disgusting!!

What is the fix for this?

Another problem - PF3 is assigning the wrong freq for KATL- 27R which is 119.3 on the latest Approach Plate. Instead I get freq 119.1 which is for KATL 26R (not 27R).

Please help.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Interplay between -- Honeycomb Alpha / MCE / PF3
Posted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:18 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
PF3 & MCE for MSFS2020 are both very immersive products and I use them with every flight. However, getting these programs to work seamlessly is a major uphill challenge. It would be great if you folks could make this easier for us. Current documentation is not good enough. Although i have a registered copy of FSUIPC7 installed, I'm unaware if it can solve some of my problems listed below.
Sorry you're experiencing issues. I don't use MCE myself but many of our users do. So what is it about the documentation that is not useful
Quote:
Using Honeycomb Alpha (HA) flight yoke, I assigned ATC to the unused [HA PTT btn 4]. Contacting GROUND is great. But when reaching the assigned runway and I tune TOWER for takeoff clearance by pressing [HA PTT btn 4], PF3 does STUPID STUFF switching the comm1 freq to ATIS repeatedly. In order to get TOWER to respomd, I can't use [HA PTT btn 4] here. Instead I have to press hotkey 6. This is terrible and destroys the immersion totally.
Seeing as you didn't include a log file (please see the red message above) I can't comment on what PF3 did or did not do. As far as hotkeys are concerned HK #6 is the correct one to contact Tower for takeoff whereas HK #0 is used for initially contacting other facilities (including Tower when there's no Ground control).
Quote:
On approach at the destination airport, the same STUPID STUFF happens. When I try to contact TOWER w/ [HA PTT btn 4], PF3 switches the freq to some random 135.375. Really disgusting!!
Sorry, no idea what happened as you didn't attach the log
Quote:
What is the fix for this?
I can't fix something unless I find a problem and I can't find a problem withot a log file
Quote:
Another problem - PF3 is assigning the wrong freq for KATL- 27R which is 119.3 on the latest Approach Plate. Instead I get freq 119.1 which is for KATL 26R (not 27R).
Ditto

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: