OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Transponder Nag & PTT

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
dtsakiris
Post subject: Transponder Nag & PTT
Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:51 pm

Hello, on my last flight, I believe I encountered an old problem. It was a VFR flight with flight following. From memory: I received instructions that flight following was canceled, frequency change approved, squawk 7000, but before I could even acknowledge, the controller started to repeat those instructions, with almost no pause. I don't think acknowledging even registered with ATC, but that could have been MCE not picking up on my voice commands. Anyway, I then changed over to the next ATC facility, and the first thing that controller did was to repeat the same instructions over and over - until I made contact with him, and then everything went back to normal. Wasn't this an issue before...? Please refer to PF3_Logs_2023-05-07_14-52.zip.

Also, if I could get confirmation from BOTH attached logfiles that the PTT key is picked up by PF3 while on a center or radar frequency? One is with the MCE FO, and the other without...that would be really helpful...thanks!

Attachments
PF3_Logs_2023-05-01_15-39.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
PF3_Logs_2023-05-07_14-52.zip
(658.46 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Transponder Nag & PTT
Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:53 pm
Site Admin

Yes the PTT key is being detected but you have the delay set to only 1 second

The continued handover to Approach has now been addressed and I'll release another beta version shortly

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Post subject: Re: Transponder Nag & PTT
Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:34 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Wed May 10, 2023 1:53 pm
Yes the PTT key is being detected but you have the delay set to only 1 second
Thanks for checking. Yes, the delay is only 1 second, and FSUIPC repeats the button press every second. But, now that you say it, it occurs to me that MCE very probably doesn't do the same...
dmarch wrote: *  Wed May 10, 2023 1:53 pm
The continued handover to Approach has now been addressed and I'll release another beta version shortly
Great!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: