OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

SELCAL Gander loop?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: SELCAL Gander loop?
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi.
I almost never fly long haul (in X-Plane) and the last time I flew across the Atlantic must be two or three years ago. Consequently, I am not 100% sure these days with what is supposed happen in PF3. I did read the relevant sections in the pdf file but am not much the wiser when it comes to this present problem...

I flew Boston to London in an A350-1000 today - or at least most of the way: there was an error and the flight aborted as I approached Ireland (very nice!!). After the transatlantic procedure started up in PF3 (everything seemed to be going just fine initially), I started having an odd problem: PF3 constantly toggled me between two frequencies and the position report to Gander was given over and over, the same sequence (frequency change/position report) looping every minute or two, until eventually I just had to turn my speakers off. Nothing I tried stopped it: only when I was finally asked to contact Shannon Radio did things seem to come right - no looping as before. But the flight went to a CTD after that, so... (always makes me want to find a different hobby when that happens!).

For the next time I choose to fly across the Atlantic, if I ever do!, it would be good to know what went wrong, or quite possibly what I did wrong, or omitted to do. Was it due to my flight plan having no waypoints between Gander and Shannon - would that cause this particular issue? Or something essential that I neglected to do in the PF3 setup before starting the flight? Or even a problem with the particular aircraft I was flying and its radios (not all in X-Plane will allow the PF3 VCP to work exactly as you intend: the A350 does accept the PF3 VCP, but the changes in frequency made in Modes 2 or 3 do not show up on the radios - I cannot change the frequencies manually either, AFAIK)? Or is there a problem with the current beta (I am using v.3.19.21)? I was in Mode 2, so I was expecting the radio side of things to take care of itself.

Thanks!

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: SELCAL Gander loop?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:47 pm
Site Admin

Thanks Martin, I'll take a look at your log as soon as I can.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: